Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Milltek exhaust is quieter than it was in the past

Thanasis

Hello,

I have installed a non resonated cat-back Milltek exhaust on my Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost couple of weeks ago. (Needless to say, the sound is awesome!! )

Last week, I changed the stock air filter to a K&N Performance one.

Since then, I noticed that the exhaust is much quieter than it used to be. There is a substantial noise reduction, I really need to push the car to actually hear the exhaust...

Is there something wrong or is this normal?

Regards,

Thanasis 

Check the exhaust brackets, common thing with new exhaust the brackets can come lose, something's maybe popped out in join if you know what I mean 

The sound of the exhaust changes a bit as it soots up, but it usually gets a bit deeper/smoother.

You're not just getting used to hearing it, so not noticing it so much?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Damien said:

Check the exhaust brackets, common thing with new exhaust the brackets can come lose, something's maybe popped out in join if you know what I mean 

I will do in the weekend at my local garage!

Thanks for the tip :)

6 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

The sound of the exhaust changes a bit as it soots up, but it usually gets a bit deeper/smoother.

You're not just getting used to hearing it, so not noticing it so much?

The sound is still there when idling or accelerating but when cruising at 70mph - 3000rpm the sound is less noticable now that what is used to be.

I thought that it might be that my ears are getting used to it because I drive 120 miles every day but my wife told me yesterday that the car is quieter than usual and she only takes the car once a week!

• Like 1

If it's came away from the join due to bracket loose it would sound louder tbh thinking about it,as will sound like a blown exhaust as won't be complete sealed

40 minutes ago, Damien said:

If it's came away from the join due to bracket loose it would sound louder tbh thinking about it,as will sound like a blown exhaust as won't be complete sealed

Yes, it makes sense...

The sound from the exhaust is coming from the backbox I can't hear any sound escaping from any other side of the car so I am guessing the exhaust is still sealed properly...

Once your break a new sports exhaust in though they should be sounding deaper 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club