Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tires

Adamholtbmx

My car tire has been leaking the front passenger side for a while now, and I've taken it to a garage and they have resealed it 3 times. Been fine each time for around a month at a time. It's happened again, really frustrating. It leaks from where the rim meets the tire on the back of the wheel ( the side facing the under of the car)

just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and I need a new tyre or if there is a fix or just general advice. I bought them from an alloy shop around 1 year ago.

the tyres are good quality Yokohama slines.

thanks.

No not corroded at all, the alloy isn't bent or anything! And used this black stuff in a paint tin can't remember the name but it's obviously not worked

I once had a leaking  tyre that was caused by a barcode sticker that was about 20mm x 10mm ln size that was on the tyre bead where it meets the wheel rim

• Like 1

sounds like a damaged tyre then. the black rubber compound normally is a last resort but does fix leaks on slightly corroded rims and imperfections in tyre bead.
new tyre time then.

• Like 1

Sounds like whoever replaced the tyre may of cut the actual bead on the tyre 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club