Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery, need help asap.

The Joshua Tree

I've got a 2008 Ford Focus Titanium, it's a 1.8 petrol

The battery has finally decided it's had enough, do i need a certain type of battery for this or would any normal type of car battery do. Could do with an answer asap if poss as i'll need to get one first thing saturday morning.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply Stef

I put my reg into the Halfords site, this was one of the options, how do you rate them ?

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs-blades-batteries/car-batteries/yuasa-12v-silver-car-battery-hsb075-5-yr-guarantee

• Like 1

have you looked at euro car parts?   I have not checked , they are usually cheaper then Halfords.  do you have a euro car parts near you?  They are not usually as cheap as mail order (eg. Tayna) but if you need to collect it the same day it is worth a look

9 hours ago, The Joshua Tree said:

Thanks for the quick reply Stef

I put my reg into the Halfords site, this was one of the options, how do you rate them ?

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs-blades-batteries/car-batteries/yuasa-12v-silver-car-battery-hsb075-5-yr-guarantee

That's the one I went for 👍🏻

Euro car parts don't stock any silver calcium batteries for this car that i can see from their item descriptions, i typed in my reg and it brought up a few options, just basic type batteries like Lion, Exide, Duracell and Bosch seems to be the best one they do but can't see that it says silver calcium anywhere.

8 hours ago, YOG said:

That's serious money!

If you don't have to get it Saturday, you can have it delivered from Tayna Batteries for £79.96:

https://www.tayna.co.uk/YBX5075-Yuasa-Silver-High-Performance-Car-Battery-P10704.html

Have a look at an ecoboost battery 😭

Just now, The Joshua Tree said:

Euro car parts don't stock any silver calcium batteries for this car that i can see from their item descriptions, i typed in my reg and it brought up a few options, just basic type batteries like Lion, Exide, Duracell and Bosch seems to be the best one they do but can't see that it says silver calcium anywhere.

Just a quick note, whatever you do don't get a lead acid battery, you'll eventually 'boil it away!'

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Just a quick note, whatever you do don't get a lead acid battery, you'll eventually 'boil it away!'

They're all lead acid mate, silver/calcium is just what's added to the plates

• Like 1

I have a Bosch S5 in my mondeo, I've used a few of them in other Fords So cost dependant would most likely be my first choice 

I managed to get it sorted after a lot of trying, basically nowhere in this area had any silver/calcium type batteries in stock. Places like Kwik Fit and National Tyre etc just stock basic batteries, i rang the local Halfords and luckily they had one in stock, i told them i would be down within 30 mins so would they reserve it for me. I also got them to price match this website who had them listed for £74.99 compared to the Halfords site which is £117

http://www.thebatteryshop.co.uk/yuasa-12v-60ah-620a-silver-car-battery-ybx5075-hsb075-8590-p.asp

So basically i saved £42 on their advertised price via a price match, i didn't even need a print off, i showed them the website on my phone. I got the lad to pop it on for £10 as i'm at work shortly and it saved me messing about when i got home.

5 hours ago, Guzzilazz said:

They're all lead acid mate, silver/calcium is just what's added to the plates

Yes I know that! A bog standard battery is commonly called 'lead acid'. Fords use a 'calcium' battery as I stated!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club