Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Fake sd cards,always check.

jace1969

Yet again i have been had,got me a 64gb Kingston sd card for car cam and yes its no good.

Checked it with ....h2testw... and also........ fakeflash..... test and both says corrupt with only 14gb usable.

Seller was 99.9 feedback and sold 1000's of items but how many i wonder does these checks or just format them and use as it would work but

play up bad on loop record when it needs all the GB,people would just blame the item like car cam/phone etc being faulty then bad reviews but its the card.

Where can you trust at a good price.

I don't ever EVER buy any sort of memory card or USB stick from eBay or amazon. Too many fakes. The problem is that most of the feedback is either spurious, or is from people that have bought apparently huge memory cards, plugged them in once and seen them working, then left feedback. Later down the line when the card has reached its full capacity at 8gb instead of 32gb, it's too late.

I always buy anything like this from mymemory. Not sure if shipping is reasonable outside UK ( can't see your location of Tapatalk) but always good quality items and at reasonable prices.

Again it's one of those things. If it seems cheap, it probably is.

Always check the price of a stick or card on somewhere like argos (which'll be expensive). Expect a genuine card to be around that price. A bit cheaper from online stores, but if the same card is £20 cheaper on eBay, it's a fake guaranteed!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is the thing the chap done to make it look ok,only about £10 cheaper as i paid £20 for this and around £27 to £30 normal.

I have a 32gb to fall back on but i just wonder how many do these checks,send blunt message to seller and will await as last time

i had a 128gb card and was 9gb usable he gave me a full refund and said throw the card away which i did as a 9gb card aint that good.

The trouble with feedback on amazon is, the feedback covers EVERY seller of a particular card (not just the seller your looking at) so it's hard to figure which sellers are dodgy!

5 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

I don't ever EVER buy any sort of memory card or USB stick from ebay or amazon. Too many fakes. The problem is that most of the feedback is either spurious, or is from people that have bought apparently huge memory cards, plugged them in once and seen them working, then left feedback. Later down the line when the card has reached its full capacity at 8gb instead of 32gb, it's too late.

I always buy anything like this from mymemory. Not sure if shipping is reasonable outside UK ( can't see your location of Tapatalk) but always good quality items and at reasonable prices.

Again it's one of those things. If it seems cheap, it probably is.

Always check the price of a stick or card on somewhere like argos (which'll be expensive). Expect a genuine card to be around that price. A bit cheaper from online stores, but if the same card is £20 cheaper on eBay, it's a fake guaranteed!

Nice one for the My Memory website! Just saved me a few pennies for my holiday next month :) 

So where is a good place or site where I can get a good 100% one as I'm after a 64gb one.

Also what is the best make as a lot of dash cams don't like some makes.

Nice one for the My Memory website! Just saved me a few pennies for my holiday next month :) 

Feel free to hit the like button =)

Glad it was helpful.

My go to is www.mymemory.co.uk

SanDisk and Kingston a very recognised brands and are about 20 to 25 quid on the above site for 64gb. Obviously there are other makes too but these and maybe Samsung are the best known.

As always with online shopping, it's worth checking to see if there are any active discount codes too. Just Google the name of the website with 'discount' or 'voucher codes'.

What quality video are you recording? 64 gb is quite a bit really for a dash cam. Most of them will overwrite old footage so you might get away with a smaller (therefore cheaper) card

16 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Glad it was helpful.

SanDisk and Kingston a very recognised brands and are about 20 to 25 quid on the above site for 64gb. Obviously there are other makes too but these and maybe Samsung are the best known.

As always with online shopping, it's worth checking to see if there are any active discount codes too. Just Google the name of the website with 'discount' or 'voucher codes'.

What quality video are you recording? 64 gb is quite a bit really for a dash cam. Most of them will overwrite old footage so you might get away with a smaller (therefore cheaper) card

Looking at buying a 128GB card for my Canon 750d would like to save some pictures in RAW format when I go on holiday next month 

oh well in that case, bigger the better =]

Buying from amazon is fine, just make sure it's sold by amazon and not a 3rd party. I've bought cards for my phone, tablet,  2 dash cams, 2 camera's and other things, ranging from 32GB - 200GB and all have been fine. 

Same goes for headlight bulbs too.

Good camera and accessories  price check site here, including memory cards. http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/Sandisk/Sandisk-SD-Cards/Sandisk-128GB-Extreme-90MBs-SDXC-Card

• Like 1

On 8/27/2017 at 0:23 AM, Phil21185 said:

Glad it was helpful.

Its a dual camera but not big files as i use the 32gb but was just looking at a 64gb,i did have a 128gb off amazon a year or so ago and was faulty.

Full refund,i always check them now as i do was close to the GB i pay for and no bad sectors as if you just format and use you aint got a clue if its ok.

On 26/08/2017 at 9:08 AM, Phil21185 said:

I don't ever EVER buy any sort of memory card or USB stick from ebay or amazon

I will only buy "Sold by Amazon" for memory cards.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club