Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus 2006 1.6 tdci missing a beat

ronnie12342003

hi i have a 1.6 tdci i bought it over a week ago changed the legs wishbones serviced it fuel air oils turbo pipe its a dpf model was smoking when i got it now its pretty much clear for a diesel the main problem is if you take the revs up to 1500 rpm it misses just like a dodgy spark plug but you can rev through it its smooth on tickover the injector seals are not chuffing its done 160 thousand miles its a titanium estate 2006 any ideas thanks pete 

oh and no faults show on scanning cheers pete

any one have a clue or should i just bugger off lol

On 26/08/2017 at 3:07 PM, ronnie12342003 said:

if you take the revs up to 1500 rpm it misses just like a dodgy spark plug but you can rev through it its smooth on tickover

It does not seem to be a common problem, but the trouble is, it could be quite a few things.

A good diagnostic system like Forscan or perhaps Torque can monitor Fuel rail pressure, cylinder balance, MAP (turbo pressure), turbo actuator position or demand, while driving. These readings may give some clue, at least to fuel or turbo problems.

It could even be a mechanical problem like weak engine mount, causing a resonance at that rpm, that upsets the engine management system (eg injector timing).

Below is a picture from a test I did recently. I shows some odd variations in fuel rail pressure (FRP) and the control valve (VCV). No real symptoms, but I have a record of it in case it does amount to anything in the future. Not directly relevant to your car, but it shows the data that can be obtained, and the clues it can yield. If odd variations correspond to actual symptoms, then a link is likely.

FRP-OSC.PNG

hi thanks for reply thought about knackered mounts its definitely injector side just hoped some one else had the same problem will take all the injectors out and have them tested colchester injection has been recommended to test them will see thanks again atb pete

have you put a new fuel filter on when you got the car

yep all filters gen ford 

right have driven it for just over a week and put a scanner on it just out of curiosity came up with throttle position switch and fuel filler tanks do da so erased codes and the 1500 rpm miss is gone sweet but alas drove about 15 miles and its back also forgot to mention first time it also sounds like its pinking like a petrol me thinks it could have some thing to do with the throttle pedal had simla on a vw passat the throttle pedal was worn in one spot ie 1500 2000 rpm so will do a test and let ya know cheers pete