Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK6 Power Fold/Heated Wing Mirror

Anderson

Hey all, so last night I heard a bang, looked out my window, everything seemed okay. Came out this morning and found my passenger side wing mirror sitting on the pavement over by the drivers side door. Yes, somehow it was smashed off by another car and went over the roof to the other side. Musta been some impact. So as you can imagine, I'm now looking around trying to find the part I need. I have searched a number of places and I keep coming across prices of around £130. I've never really replaced or had the need to look at the costs of these parts before but this just seems very expensive? So I just wanted to ask you guys if any of you know where I might find the power fold, heated version for a MK6 at a cheaper price? failing that, a place you would recommend to buy from that is trusted (even if its this price) because again, I found a few places but had terrible reviews on trustpilot.

Any advice greatly appreciated :)

I note you say it is powerfold. was it folded in at the time and still got broken off

6 minutes ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

What year is your mk6?

Sorry, my mistake It's a 2005 model.

3 minutes ago, isetta said:

I note you say it is powerfold. was it folded in at the time and still got broken off

Yes, as these are power folding, it automatically closes every time I click the button on my keyfob to lock the car. They automatically retract in. I'm surprised as to how they managed to do this as there's no other damage to the car, not a single mark. So the mirror folded in does stick out a bit but not THAT much and yet they managed to hit that but nothing else. Not complaining of course, just very thankful it wasnt worse as it really could of been.

2005 is when the mk6.5 came out, do you know if it's a facelift or prefacelift?

1 minute ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

2005 is when the mk6.5 came out, do you know if it's a facelift or prefacelift?

You've got me. I have no idea, I know from the logbook that it says Mk6 no mention of 6.5 but that's about all. I can take a picture of the driver side intact mirror if that'll help? :o

32 minutes ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

Yes mate take a quick photo of the drivers side

Hope this is sufficient? :o Tried to catch the headlamp in it too as I know there are some other fiesta's without the little bobble thing on the headlamp, whereas mine is with it.

IMG_1923.JPG

8 minutes ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

Perfect it's a 6.5 you have, here's a link to u perfectly usable second hand one better still it's the colour you need too emoji106.pnghttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182690703577

Thanks! I didnt know MK 6.5 was a thing lol.

One thing that concerns me though, that link shows for "ST" as in Sport? and looking at the model list of supported vehicles, it only lists one which is a 2ltr ST (sport?) mines not that :o  its 1.4ltr and ghia (non sport) 

Don't worry mate there were only three types of that mirror produced, 1 for the pre facelift mk6 ST which had a completely different wiring plug. And 2 for the facelift mk6.5 (one powerfold and one non powerfold(all were heated).
Hope this helps

Oh I see, so there's no chance of me getting this and finding it doesnt fit or worse, it does something to the eletronics as the plug is wired differently for the STs vs the non-STs ? thanks again! :D

Best thing do do for your own piece of mind would be to unclip the interior triangular blanking cover (behind the mirror) and check that the plug is the same as the one in photo 3 of the link I sent, or if in doubt post the photo on here and I'll tell you if it's the same

This one will also fit but it's non original ford part and the rear cover on the mirrors body is a textured non paintable plastic so will look different to your drivers side

i wouldn't worry too much if the finish is different. they are on opposite sides of the car, and it is still black and it's not as if it is a brand new car that you are trying to sell for top dollar. if your mirror cover is not damaged you might be able to unclip it and swap over (but it might not fit if new mirror is not genuine ford)

the one in the last link above says folding but does not say powerfold. it might just be manual folding. it is not 100% clear it is powerfold, would be wise to check for sure. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club