Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

wheel paint

zetec Adam

Anyone sprayed there wheels was thinking of doing mine to save the cost of haveing them done 

With respest Adam when I bought mine lt had nice newly repainted wheels done by the guarage  who sold it , the wheels  soon flaked  after a few miles and car washes  Basicly a flash over to make them look nice to sell but a poor job .Uless you can get the paint to stick realy well and a protective clear coat I would say you will be better off after the time and trouble by doing it yourself, in going to have them done buy people who have all the bits to do them well.I have no dought that you will make a good job yourself but it may not last to long even more so with winter comming up soon.The people buy me take the tyre off check for warped rims  and any damage wich they fix ,dip em in acid to get rid of old paint.electricaly charge the rim so that the coating sticks and then bakes on the coating in an oven so as good as new refit the tyre and ballance so you get what you pay for.

• Like 1

Yeah mate your right.. got a spray gun at work I could get some 2k or something to paint with but not sure also I got no spare wheels to put on the car unless I paint one at a time haha maybe I will just save up for a proper paint job 

You only wanna do youself n pay the price coz you will scuff them in the 5min drive away from garage 😂😂😂😂

nah a would go with gizza pay the price for good job done pal worth it in long run

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zetec Adam said:

Anyone sprayed there wheels was thinking of doing mine to save the cost of haveing them done 

Not too hard if they're unscuffed, just make sure you rub them down thoroughly, degrease them and take your time.

its £75 per corner at my local jobbie, had all good reviews and only 5 mins from my work thats where im taking mine.

• Like 2

Mine are sprayed .my mate does em for me in spray booth & only charges £100 for 4.
Yunii1c285543d3c280bec32e89f1a4b97238.jpgde6374ccf2d591e162ba5e9d16c54789.jpgce9757997556f40f191eb92da96c9e24.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club