Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another sat nav question

Postie123

Hi all, I really want to retrofit sat nav to my pre facelift 2014 st3. Now I know I have to find a nav screen with the same number as my current screen (DM5T) but can't find one for the life of me. So my question is can I just buy a complete system i.e. Screen, fascia and CD player part from a car that is being broken. The number for these parts start with BM5T. Would it be a case of plug n play or will it need coding to my car? Is this doable?

Cheers!

ive got a 2013 ford focus and i had a screen starting with bm5t. i installed the factory fit sat nav with the screen starting f1bt with no problems at all.

Yeah I've seen loads of them f1bt screens on eBay, all seem to be from fiestas. Might give one of these a try. Was it just plug n play and adding the two wires?

forgot to mention my CD player part is BM5T. So if I buy the complete unit screen fascia and CD player all starting with BM5T from a car that is being broken it should all work no?

hi. yes it was plug and play i added the 2 wires so the voice on the sat nav works. the cd player i just left in my one that originally came with my car so basically i just added the screen the sony front panel and the 2 wires plus the wire which works the traffic.

• Like 1

Right ok cheers for the help. Think I'm gonna take the gamble! With the two wires what length was it and would any wire do? Also what type of connectors did you use?

I have a fakra cable is this for the traffic? I also have a Fakra gps thing.

hi. i managed to get a wiring loom out of a scrapped titanium x which had the wires so i unpicked them from the connectors and added them to my car.  

• Like 1