Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help needed identifying ticking noise coming from wheels

GeorgeSeller

Hey all, 

First time poster here hoping to lean on some of the forum expertise to solve a problem that's slowly grinding away my sanity! 

For a few weeks now I've been getting a relatively loud ticking noise coming from what seems to be driver side front wheel. Presuming it's wheel rather than engine as tick has a higher frequency as speed increases...it's not always there and tends to only become noticeable after travelling at 40/50 mph then start to brake. Ticking noise disappears entirely when braking. 

Car is a Fiesta MK7, that's just hit 77k miles. Your best guesses please gentlemen!!?

Have you checked to see if you have a stone stuck in the tyre tread?

• Like 1

Stone in the tread sounds about right to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strange...I literally noticed this the other day on my car on the driver's front wheel too. I could hear it for a couple days and it was baffling me as I couldn't see anything.

Eventually I realised that, as people above have said, it was stones. I had recently driven through a skid risk section of road (whilst screaming at stones being flicked up of course). I must have gone other some sort of sticky substance in the road as I had a cluster of small stones stuck to my tyre. I cleaned them all off and I haven't noticed the noise since.

Hopefully yours is the same, I was relieved to figure out nothing was broken!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club