Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Going for an air intake!

axesuso

Hi all!

my next mod wants to be an air intake. The problem is i have been reading and reading since weeks and veeeryy confused. First, im not even sure if its good to change the OEM air filter, and if it really gives performance. Then, they are sooo many in market that i dont know which to go for. I have been looking at graham goode, j1, AS, ITG, etc... 

actually more then an agressive sound im kinda looking at one that gives me more blow off sound (as i got the turbosmart bov installed). And for last! It seems like the best one out its the r-sport stage 3? This one: http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Fiesta-10-Ecoboost-Stage-3-Full-Induction-Kit_16822.jsp

cheers!!

You'll notice no difference in power, anybody who tells you they have is lying. Placebo effect and that, you just want to feel like you've spent your money well.

I personally think it makes you sound like a complete moron having a 1.0L Fiesta going down the street going "raaaaaaa peeww" with a blow off valve and 3 inch muffler kit. It works on a subaru, nissan, bmw m series etc.

22 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

You'll notice no difference in power, anybody who tells you they have is lying. Placebo effect and that, you just want to feel like you've spent your money well.

I personally think it makes you sound like a complete moron having a 1.0L Fiesta going down the street going "raaaaaaa peeww" with a blow off valve and 3 inch muffler kit. It works on a subaru, nissan, bmw m series etc.

I dont think so. Coz many of us like the feel and sound of a car like u said subaru, nissan, bmw m, etc... but cant afford it or its not easy to maintain... so this fiesta 1.0 ecoboost is much cheaper to maintain and can make it kinda of sporty car so why not? Its personal choice, i feel calling them moron just coz ur opinion is alike makes u a moron ? 🤣

Anyways thanks for your reply, at least we know it doesnt improve performance. 

It's also worth lookIng into a forge motorsport one. I've had a few of their products over the years and they're top notch quality and often very reasonably priced. 

Im looking to get one on my ST in the not so distant future 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marcr1 said:

It's also worth lookIng into a forge motorsport one. I've had a few of their products over the years and they're top notch quality and often very reasonably priced. 

Im looking to get one on my ST in the not so distant future 

Well forge one is interesting as they claim that it gives more sound from the recirc valve... hmmmmm interesting 

22 hours ago, axesuso said:

Well forge one is interesting as they claim that it gives more sound from the recirc valve... hmmmmm interesting 

There's plenty of videos on YouTube that show the sound difference after fitting one. 

I blame the cone filter, for messing up my car. Too much air, better to have less air and less dirt. Though it was cool to do once I also had a heat shield around the cone filter. Any way r.i.p focus, maybe getting a fiesta now.

@Marcr1 i would like to find a video of the mountune one, coz it seems to be the "best" one as it maintains a filter box style. 

@v530anh so sorry to hear that friend. 

I have the mountune airbox and k&n filter and it makes it sound so throaty and enhances the stock exhaust noise, doesn't sound like a chav mobile either, also the bypass valve for the turbo sounds immense. I recommend you spend £650ish on this and leave it at that.

Just noticed you have a 1.0

I would suggest just getting the k&n panel filter to let it breathe a little easier.