Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ranger input

chubbus

Hi all.

I am looking at 2005 rangers at the mo with the veiw to getting one.

Can you all give me some info on what problems you have had with yours if any since you got it.

I have looked at the reveiws ,but even there there is goog and bad so i still cannot make up my mind

any info will be much appreceated.

Chubbs.

• 1 year later...

Hi all.

I am looking at 2005 rangers at the mo with the veiw to getting one.

Can you all give me some info on what problems you have had with yours if any since you got it.

I have looked at the reveiws ,but even there there is goog and bad so i still cannot make up my mind

any info will be much appreceated.

Chubbs.

Chubbs..did ya buy an '05 Ranger..or still undecided??

My limited info on them from here in Thailand (same as UK models) are good for carrying loads/pulling trailers...this is due to the lower

gearing than many other pick-ups. Good 2nd-hand prices there in UK. XLT model is a comfortable drive.

Since 2005 pick-ups have got much nicer inside..the 05 can look a bit simple by comparison.

The cam belts need changing every 80-100 thou. Kms, but not forget to replace the tensioner bearing also.

Use good fuel, and do not run the tank right down to 'empty'..this action makes the engine run hotter, and head gasket problems have been known.

It IS a bit more thirsty than some other trucks..Toyota Vigo does 90-95 kph at 2000rpm, the '05 Ranger will only do 80kph at same revs.

Changing the air filter every 6 months for a new one is essential for decent mpg.

The rear seats in the 4-door model has the passenger sat quite upright.

Otherwise my '05 XLT drives well, and so far is a good truck...best ones.. U.S.