Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New motor (1.6TDCI Titanium Estate)

Simon_K

nice car fella and liking the plates,surounds and grills im sure it wount stop the now. once you pop you don't stop ha ha.

how do does the plate holder attach and assume the plate just sits in the holder?

39 minutes ago, b4zz said:

nice car fella and liking the plates,surounds and grills im sure it wount stop the now. once you pop you don't stop ha ha.

how do does the plate holder attach and assume the plate just sits in the holder?

The holder screws to the holes that would have held the plate, and the new plates fit in some springy plastic grooves (then the front frame hinges down and locks in). I think they come with tape as well, but as I bought both at the same time I can't remember if they came with the plates or the holders...

55 minutes ago, Highwaymanuk said:

While looking for my long forgotten thread I found my name mentioned and a couple of pics of Titan. He's changed alittle bit since those pics.

FB_IMG_1486206455099.jpg

20170408_142128.jpg

20160701_165155.jpg

Love. It.

Thanks Mate.
Yeah all good here, How's everything with yourself?
Few Ups & downs but fine thanks
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Simon_K said:

The holder screws to the holes that would have held the plate, and the new plates fit in some springy plastic grooves (then the front frame hinges down and locks in). I think they come with tape as well, but as I bought both at the same time I can't remember if they came with the plates or the holders...

cheers fpr the reply fella its much appreciated. I don't have holes in the front grill so I would need to drill my own I assume. The front plate is held on with double sided tape but I don't think that would be strong enough to hold the plate holder on. might order a pair and then see about drilling holes in the front gerill as I think the holders look great also the number plate looks better with out screws in it

On 10/09/2017 at 11:41 AM, b4zz said:

cheers fpr the reply fella its much appreciated. I don't have holes in the front grill so I would need to drill my own I assume. The front plate is held on with double sided tape but I don't think that would be strong enough to hold the plate holder on. might order a pair and then see about drilling holes in the front gerill as I think the holders look great also the number plate looks better with out screws in it

3M VHB stuff might be strong enough, well prepared and grease free. 

Now I know why those little lights are called "submarine lights". When it rains they stream water like you've just been hit by a depth charge!

Luckily I don't have a sunroof so that's one less source. The aerial base doesn't look well sealed and it looks like the car has had a replacement screen at some time - feels like a gap in the sealant where the heated screen ground passes through. A liberal (but neat) application of sikaflex later and I hope I've got it sealed. The aerial base was treated to a little foam gasket I knocked up. Can't think of anywhere else it's coming from. 

• 4 weeks later...

Got a new pioneer headunit so I could control my iPhone via bluetooth. Trouble was the new surround comes in silver, not the silver “carbon” the car has. 

So after a bit of deliberation I decided to wrap the dash parts in carbon look. I’m not the biggest fan of carbon fibre as it’s been used...everywhere. But it does look ok and now much of the interior matches. 

FE7645EB-44B8-429E-A4F7-4E631F2890FF.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I think I might call the car “Black hole”. Judging by the number of near misses from lane changers not seeing (or even looking) the car must be so black that light doesn’t escape it...

Don’t know if this will help or hinder its visibility, but the o/s headlight had some heat damage to the lens from the sidelight. Looks like it wasn’t fitted properly and melted the surround, and caused hazing on the lens too. Couldn’t find a black headlight I liked on eBay, so bought some brows. Covers about 90% of the damage and blends fairly well to the car. 

684CBA8D-14FA-41F8-A767-D00CA5D5CEE5.jpeg

liking the lights brows fella. i got the same problem with one of my head lights but still not sure if i want lights brows yet

I wasn’t sure, but I hated the hazing more. These are trc ones, the largest ones I could find...

• 2 months later...

Been a little while. I’ve made a few adjustments to the car, quick and dirty ones which many have done before but here we go...

First up I fitted the “aluminium” gear knob insert from a fiesta, matches the handbrake handle better. Also some aluminium pedals, these come with the added benefit of telling me what car I drive in case I ever forget!

I had to take the carbon film off the dash trims as it started to shrink and wrinkle in the cold. Oh well.

E0886C9F-977E-4BD4-A38C-4DEA469E6F6A.jpeg

02D6DE03-2123-46C0-AF5D-28EC0F3C3030.jpeg

• Like 1

Made a mistake not gluing the headlight brows down when I first got them, which resulted in one flying off at 70. Couldn’t go back to get it so had to buy another pair. The first ones I didn’t paint (why I didn’t glue them down, I wanted to see how they looked first), but these I thought I’d have a go at. 

Not a bad result considering it's a rattle can job in my cold shed using a fan heater to “bake” them between coats. My first time painting pearl. There’s a few blemishes but all in all I’m happy to stick these on properly! 

1CF60DDE-8D22-4E89-89C0-7B37CC42B172.jpeg

31B2425B-95C2-4060-9E60-14948B5F1C7A.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of a front end frenzy. Got the light brows stuck down properly and have fitted a Maxton Design splitter too. Toughens up the front nicely. 

Bad news, the car became a submarine again. Got in this morning to a load of water around the centre console. I’d previously sealed under the windscreen rubber and inside where the heated screen ribbon cable comes through. I don’t think it’s coming from there so the other place is the aerial base. I made a temporary gasket last year and it seemed ok but I can’t think of anywhere else it’s coming from. Ordered some neoprene sheet to make a proper gasket so fingers crossed. 

34E8E463-2BD6-4C18-B486-421A600A30B2.jpeg

24E7C6BD-1201-48BF-83EA-E5B2E038C0A4.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Been a bit quiet, playing with fibreglass. Still need to plumb in the boost gauge. 

Quite pleased, left front corner is a little warped but otherwise looks good. 

598A6C9F-1E10-42FE-9232-373113A694A5.jpeg

• 3 months later...

It’s  been an age since I updated, made a few alterations and had a breakdown.

A0F6BB5A-188E-4973-9D82-25F4B7E65705.thumb.jpeg.57bfb269ab51991cc99f779c569d51c0.jpeg

First up and action shot of the boost gauge actually working! Seems that the turbo is working as Ford intended, max boost is about 20PSI. The only issue I found is the angle of the gauge glass is perfect for reflecting the sun back into my eyes. Might need to rethink it a little!

One if the rear parking sensors failed a few months ago, I was getting the scream of death when selecting reverse. Listening to the sensors the measure outer wasn’t clicking. Fortunately thanks to Haynes and replies on here I swapped the faulty sensor for a cheap (£12 ) replacement and all seems good. 

Then much woe. Had a battery/alternator failure whilst driving to work. I tried to nurse the car home but just 2 blocks away from glory I had to stop at traffic lights, then nothing. The lack of power for hazards meant standing behind the car waving people past braving heckles from “yoofs” in corsas - I’ll have the last laugh. Still, the nice AA man dropped me off at the local garage and it was sorted soon enough. They also sorted out some leaking injectors at the same time.

Once the car was back I decided to have a little play. 

C54D53BA-51A1-412D-B08C-0C43148287C0.thumb.jpeg.c3eb22c682b28abc4348ae4295e67445.jpeg

I bought a 3D printed honeycomb insert for the air box and cut it in. Standard air filter for now but may get a green cotton one in the future. The box doesn’t seal to the bonnet still, but I’ve read conflicting opinions on whether it matters. I think for a standard tune diesel being driven on the road it probably matters less than in a racing car. Certainly I’ve not noticed a difference good or bad since doing this even in the current heatwave. 

The noise is quite nice though, I don’t find it too much driving normally but under harder acceleration it does sound pretty nice. But then again, I do wear these:

8D384AA6-CC4C-4805-9033-800B3D2E03DD.thumb.jpeg.533863dcfa4e1b13c4d18255e0fa1648.jpeg

Next up I bought some halo indicator rings from Autobeam. Had a bit of an issue with one of them staying on Amber constantly, but it seems if I turn the lights on and off a few times it resets. Fortunately this only happens occasionally. 

45BFC658-8440-47A1-846A-D1243CAB20A8.thumb.jpeg.1d3e1c24730f25621fd083e169a851dc.jpeg

You probably can’t tell but they are on in that photo... I quite like them,and I’ve wired them up to an ignition live through a relay that opens when the main beam is on. This way I can be lazy and leave the auto lights on (mostly).

• 1 month later...

Pulled up at work. So close!

I wonder if I’ll be missed if I go for a spin around the roundabout a few times?

72F8B215-3EDC-41AE-BE41-F3DEE0D25597.jpeg

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...

So, got some 2nd hand 18” alloys the other week. I was trying to find a reasonably priced set of ST ones but in the end these came with tyres at a good price. I personally think they suit the car well.

Even with bird ***** the car looks a beast now compared to when I bought it 😝

BE2D7DD6-C1A0-44B4-A4DE-BFAFF33E7483.thumb.jpeg.e0163d8b128a54e0db783cafe4740eba.jpeg

Due to a RTC blocking the road on my normal route to work tonight, I rolled the dice and took a 30 mile detour through country roads to get to work. I haven’t driven for pleasure in a long time and it felt good. Feels a lot more planted with these wheels. A bit more noise but just turned up the radio. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club