Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior maplights retro-fit with ambient LED

FMC

As title, anyone fitted one of these?

If so can you tell me whether the "ambient lighting" LEDs will light up on my non-ambient equipped Zetec S? I just want it for the map-lights, not really bothered about the LEDs, but if they do work automatically then i'd get this one. Not sure if there is another light module available for the Fiesta without these LEDs but with the mapkights?

Also if you got Ford FINIS number that would help a lot!

Cheers! :)

IMG_0310a.jpg

This is something which i wanna get for my zetec-s too!!!!!Tho i would like the ambient lights to work as been missing the center light since my last car had it.

Seems expensive tho off that site.

i fitted one and the map lights do work but i did not have the wiring for the submarine led lights,though i think if you have the wiring for footwell lights on a zetec s ie you have climate control i bet the wiring for the led's is up there somewhere

Cheers guys that's exactly the answer i needed.

I'll look for a module without the LED ambient lighting but with the maplights, as i do not have the climate control :)

And to Sadler - yeah, they are expensive, but i'll always go to my local Ford dealer for genuine Ford parts rather than importing them ;)

There was a recent thread of this type, and it found a cheap source of a Ford unit that will fit. It is the one for the Focus Mk1.5, and costs ~£18 + VaT, from a Ford Parts retailer. It seems to be the exact unit that the Fiesta Ghia had. Try the "search" for this thread.

There was a recent thread of this type, and it found a cheap source of a Ford unit that will fit. It is the one for the Focus Mk1.5, and costs ~£18 + VaT, from a Ford Parts retailer. It seems to be the exact unit that the Fiesta Ghia had. Try the "search" for this thread.

Cheers :)

Sorry, folks, I seem to have misled you. The Focus Ghia unit fits the Mk 6.5 Fiesta, and has a surround, just as my Mk 6.5 has, and all I would need to use would be the pop-out lamp & switch & lens assembly, fit bulbs, wire it or just fit the plug in, and offer it up into my plastic housing. Whether it will fit the housing of the Mk 7, I don't know, but someone could try a Mk 6.5 unit in a Mk 7 housing and find out, and perhaps solve a question for lots of people.

That Focus Ghia Interior Lamp with Map Light, costs now £19.87 + VaT, from "fordpartsuk.com. (part number 4405351)

Have had one of these fitted. On my Zetec S (with ETAC) there was no wiring for the ambient lighting. Got a tame sparky at work who fed switched power from the rear side lights via the head lining so ambient lighting works when you turn the lights on. Took about 30 minutes to do, hope this helps.

Ambient lighting is those low-level lights under the dash, which some people change the colour of, useing Led bulb assemblies often to get more brightness, or strips of leds, as in angeleyes.

Is ETAC the theatre-dimming system for the interior overhead light (courtesy light), which I have as standard in my '58 reg Mk 6.5 Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.25, which I hope to fit that FOCUS map-light unit into?

Is ETAC the theatre-dimming system for the interior overhead light (courtesy light), which I have as standard in my '58 reg Mk 6.5 Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.25, which I hope to fit that FOCUS map-light unit into?

ETAC is climate control. Some cars with ETAC fitted have had the wiring so that the ambient lights can be added later (Zetec S models) but this may have only been on early production runs.

Ambient lighting is those low-level lights under the dash, which some people change the colour of, useing Led bulb assemblies often to get more brightness, or strips of leds, as in angeleyes.

thanks for that, looks great in the right colour

I have just fitted a 5-SMD led bulb unit to my standard "Theatre-Dimming" interior light, prior to ordering the FOCUS Map-Light unit, but found that the bulb did not like the dimming action, and even stayed glimmering-on faintly after the car was vacated and locked, and the dash computer had timed-out.

Do I have an electrical insulation fault in my one-bulb light unit, perhaps in the 3-way switch?

If that is the case a FOCUS unit may be just the same :--- a drain on the battery, but if I get a good one, these bright bulbs will do a great job in the map-light parts.

Can anyone help?!!

ANYONE?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club