Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another powershift problem?

flyingguy

Hi all; hoping someone can help. Recently bought a 2012 focus 1.6 powershift, only 1 owner and 66k on the clock. The car has full service history and in great condition. Took it for a test drive when I bought it and the gearbox seemed smooth. After buying it, started to notice a bit of juddering at low speed, and watching the RPM perform a bit erratically. Started digging online and discovered the global problem with the gearboxes/clutches etc. Ran the reg with ford and it still has outstanding recalls on the TCM, as well as extended 5 year warranty so luckily a couple of weeks left. Got it booked in with ford who agreed to honour it despite being out of warranty by the time they had a slot to look at it. Spoke to the dealer I bought it from who has said he'd cover any repairs, and also he's friends with the manager of a ford dealership in the same group so would try to pull some strings if needed. My question is, given the problems people had, would the car have made it to 66k miles without any work done on the clutch/gearbox if this is one of the ones with the main problem? 

The problem seemed to settle down over the past couple of weeks, but took it on a 100 mile journey yesterday, then when I came to drive back, pulling away in traffic it was juddering all over the place, a bit like if you're in the wrong gear in a manual, and took it on a short run today and just something doesn't feel right!

Sorry for the ramble!

i doubt its gone that long without at least 1 clutch pack being fitted. later clutches are supposed to be better now so once you have had yours done it should be ok.

Is it an auto? I've got a 2012 2.0 diesel and it always judders in 1st unless you really concentrate on not making it judder. I got so fed up I just set off in 2nd

14 hours ago, iantt said:

i doubt its gone that long without at least 1 clutch pack being fitted. later clutches are supposed to be better now so once you have had yours done it should be ok.

By clutch pack does that mean full clutch replacement? Are ford still doing these under warranty? If not I assume a local mechanic could do the work too?

13 hours ago, Martyitus said:

Is it an auto? 

'Powershift' = auto

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club