Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Peugeot problem

John_D

My daughter in law's car is a Peugeot  308cc.  She works abroad for months at a time leaving the 308cc in the garage. When she returned recently she was unable to open the doors or the bonnet or the boot. How can I open the bonnet for her in order to charge the battery?  I've tried to register with the Peugeot , but cannot seem to register!  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Are you trying to open it with a remote fob or key?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jonro, yes, but as the car battery seems flat nothing works! I've also tried sticking the key into the door lock.... again it will not unlock. Also with this car, unlike other convertible, the boot cannot be opened from inside the car as the back of the rear seats are metal and fixed. I am starting to wonder if she has got the correct key.

either wrong key or the door key lock has never been used and siezed up. squirt a bit of penetrating fluid innto lock barrel and keep trying the lock

• Like 1

It does sound like the wrong key if the physical key won't work in the lock. Is the drivers door the only one with a key hole, is there one on the outside of the boot? There are ways of getting into locked cars using air pillows and tennis balls apparently, can't say I've tried though. If the car is in a locked garage I would be tempted to leave the car unlocked and with the handbrake off. I would also look into how long you can leave a battery on a 'trickle charge'. It could be a case of getting a locksmith out to it ☹️

On 04/09/2017 at 7:28 PM, John_D said:

My daughter in law's car is a Peugeot

I think I found your problem...

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Hope you get it sorted...

I used to be a locksmith (though not auto) and on the rare occasions I was called to a lockout on a car i used to use a pump up airbag in the top of the driver's door enough to slip some brake pipe (super high tech gear) down to open from the inside.

Obviously won't work on a double locked car, the alarm will go off if there are internal sensors (if the battery isn't flat) and if you force the door too much there can be damage done to the locking mechanism so I always used to get a customer to sign a waiver before starting this...

The tennis ball trick rarely works these days...

• Like 1

I was going to say that @Phil21185 but decided to be the bigger man, a decision I now regret lol.

I have seen the trick of using an air pillow at the top corner of the door then something to open the car with is passed through the gap. Did the tennis ball trick ever work?

Lol you'll never find me being the bigger man!

No it was a prank - any videos showing it always had someone off camera pressing the remote fob...

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club