Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Misting above the sidelight internally on a 2009 fixed!

Trillionz

It looked like sun degradation only it was inside the headlight. Swapping my LED sidelight bulbs out for my third pair this month I thought I would have a go at it and squirted glass cleaner through the the larger headlight opening next to it after removing the cover. I kept it face-down and held it above my head and swished the liquid around on the mark until it disappeared. I then poured some de-ionised water in and swished it about the same and then tipped it to the pointy end where the rubber drain hose is and got it all out.

That is the stage I am at............ SO DO NOT TRY IT YET!

The headlight is full of condensation so I will run around with my lights on for a bit and see what happens but for now it is gone.:wink3:

NOT FIXED:sad:

After a huge amount of condensation cleared, the misting like an electrical burn has returned.

It is like that Wilto but without the darker patches.

i have the same on one of my lights I assume its from the heat of the side light bulb

Use heat resistance led wedge bulbs. I did. It wont cure already cloudy lense but wont do more. The standard bulbs give out alot of heat. It even happens in number plate bulbs & can burn the holder or stain it
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am currently sat here wondering what a squirt of WD40 would do it to..............:unsure:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club