Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spark plug debris

DavidKWilliams

I just had my car serviced. I'm told that a piece of debris from a broken spark plug has (probably!) fallen into the combustion chamber and they can't get it out. They want me to authorise a strip down and sending the head away for repair. Is this necessary?

Time to get a bit tubing on the Hoover and go looking for it lol 

• Like 1

sounds like its more than probably and if they are saying head off for repair then it sounds like theve started it and its done damage already.

• Like 1

Yes, they told me that they had examined the chamber, and not found the bit of debris, road tested the car and all was OK. But when I drove it home, the engine warning light came on and the engine was misfiring slightly when idling.

So they knowingly started the engine and drove the car after a piece of spark plug had been dropped and not recovered? 

Yes, Stef 123.  That's my understanding - though they claim to have searched thoroughly for it, including using some sort of scope.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club