2013Ecoboost

2013 1.0l Ecoboost engine rust. Problem?

Are these pipes rusting from the inside , is the metal thick enough? , mine painted  now and i do the usual  regular underbonnet checks like  i have done on previous cars.

They rust from the outside as water and oxygen is required for this to happen (and on the inside the coolant also contains corrosion inhibitors). 

On 3/3/2019 at 11:29 AM, LesPes said:

Apologies jolah, just checked my parts in the garage it should be 1594594 and  as you say 1 594600. I also said in this thread that i have a heap of it left over. Send me a couple of small plastic screw top containers perhaps get em from a chemist with a post paid pouch and i will send anyone who wants any.

Thanks for the correct part number! Was there an instructions how to apply them? I think I need to order these to a new turbo...

My turbo will be replaced on monday along with the cooling hose with metallic rusty pipe (exists if vehicle is made before 5/2014). Ford covers 1/3 of costs. 1100 € total cost and I pay 770€. My car is driven 152000 km and the latest Ford service is 60000 km. 

IMG_20190306_172004.jpg

2 hours ago, Jolah said:

Thanks for the correct part number! Was there an instructions how to apply them? I think I need to order these to a new turbo...

My turbo will be replaced on monday along with the cooling hose with metallic rusty pipe (exists if vehicle is made before 5/2014). Ford covers 1/3 of costs. 1100 € total cost and I pay 770€. My car is driven 152000 km and the latest Ford service is 60000 km. 

IMG_20190306_172004.jpg

No instructions with the materials but i'm sure i posted something in this thread about the mix ratio. Simple job really i followed the mix guide and painted it on with a 1/2" brush. A couple of coats, job done.

Found it:    Ford who confimed the mix  for the job is 4ml of primer to 1ml of activator induction time of 30 mins and a drying time of 20mins.

hi guys, im considering buyin g a 2013 1.0 fiesta, this is the pipes, its had a replacement metal elbow at the coolant end. looks borderline saveable to me .. what do you think?

zzzzz.JPG

Hard to really say until you scrape that bubbled rust away. An expensive fix (new turbo) if you find it’s deeply pitted. 

Fiesta ecoboost are really common unless you're getting an amazing deal i would just walk away from a potentially large bill. There are plenty of good examples about without the potentially engine destroying rust issue.

thanks, yeah not worth the worry. I avoided it.