Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Frozen White Zetec S MK7.5 build thread

LJAM

On 18/09/2017 at 12:33 AM, Jonro2009 said:

Regarding the removal of the badges, it is actually easier if you use a hairdryer and some fishing wire then some 'sticky stuff' remover or tar spot remover. Heat the badge for several minutes with the hairdryer and then get a piece of fishing wire behind the badge and slide it from one end of the badge to the other using an up and down motion (like a saw blade). The badge will come off nice and easy, then use whatever you have to remove the remains of the glue, paintwork should be fine. There is very little chance of you damaging the paint doing this, providing you don't use a screwdriver to remove the rest of the glue emoji6.png

Team Heko wind deflectors can be bought on eBay or the Climair ones are Fords chosen brand. There is little to know differences in the two.

When doing the number plate lights my advice is get a full replacement unit, not a bulb upgrade. Again, eBay is your friend for these. The full unit will have LEDs already in them and should work out better in the long run.

You should 'de-tango' the front and rear light too, silvervision are my preferred bulbs for this.

Headlight bulbs can be upgraded too, for the side/parking lights I'd use CREE bulbs and for the dipped beam I'd suggest Phillips Xtreme Vision or Osram Nightbreaker Laser.

Internal LED bulbs are cheapest on EBay, don't forget the light in your glovebox and also the boot.

Consider pressed metal plates too, there is an offer on eBay just now for a set of pressed plates for £14.99 inc p&p. I know several people who got them from this particular seller and they are very good.

Gel overlay badges will look good too, black badges with white writing would be my choice. You can do the front and rear badges and also the wheel centres.

If you want advice on parts or 'how to' then I would suggest you create a new topic for each query using a good descriptive title. That way your request will reach more people and if anyone else has the same query it will help them if they need to search for an answer

Nice motor by the way emoji6.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow! great reply. Thanks mate ! 

• Like 1

On 18/09/2017 at 1:40 AM, Pd2 said:

I was about to do a photoshop on this to show you black wheels, but I believe there's a wee bend in the truth on your above statement is there not? 😉

On 18/09/2017 at 11:37 AM, HappyJam said:

So out if interest...I may have done some digging online just to find out what I type it is.

First thing I'd say is @LJAM - if you're driving it..get your car taxed buddy! ;)

The car is also the 120PS/125PS ecoboost version. Again...sorry for prying but I was just very interested! Still...get your car taxed ;)

Yes my mistake! Got confused there. What was I thinking (especially when it struggles to overtake hahaha)! It is indeed at 125.

CHRIST! I Forgot to tax it but have been driving it for about a month and having lessons in it! Thankfully I didn't crash. Done it just now quick and easy for free :) Thanks a lot for the heads up. Never would have noticed! 

p.s You can tell I'm new to this ;) 

On 18/09/2017 at 4:33 PM, AlexBartlam said:

just looked too its £0 easy too do

@LJAM just looked on a total car check, and both disks are worn, they are ok as it was an advisory but me being me i would of changed them, just a bit extra safety. nice looking motor, if you want some ideas have a gander at my build thread in my bio below \/

Yes just done it! Such a donut haha! 

As a matter of fact, I have come across your thread quite a few times and really like what you have done to it!

• Like 1

Anyone got any recommendations for an exhaust system I could get. I don't want it TOO loud just enough to make it sound nice? And if I do invest in one would my insurance cost increase?

Some insurers give you the option to get a quote for a mod before you do it, makes it easier to decide to go through with one or not

On 9/21/2017 at 7:42 PM, LJAM said:

CHRIST! I Forgot to tax it but have been driving it for about a month and having lessons in it! Thankfully I didn't crash. Done it just now quick and easy for free :) Thanks a lot for the heads up. Never would have noticed! 

As far as I'm aware the 125bhp version (and the 100) are £0 Tax rated. The 140 bhp is £20. Or has that changed since I got mine last year?

make sure you see how much your insurance will be for doing mods, iv had to pay extra for my exhaust and you being a new driver it may be more than what you think. i cant say how much mine went up by as it was put on with the quote but to put new lower suspension it will be £175 per year just to give you an idea. (im 20 btw)

On 25/09/2017 at 4:05 PM, AlexBartlam said:

make sure you see how much your insurance will be for doing mods, iv had to pay extra for my exhaust and you being a new driver it may be more than what you think. i cant say how much mine went up by as it was put on with the quote but to put new lower suspension it will be £175 per year just to give you an idea. (im 20 btw)

Will do mate, thanks for the info. Did you get your wing mirrors wrapped? If so how much did they cost? 

13 hours ago, LJAM said:

Will do mate, thanks for the info. Did you get your wing mirrors wrapped? If so how much did they cost? 

all the wrap i did myself, not perfect, but time and patience is the key, and you'll have to work the wrap around the corner as below, as it is a right pain in the backside. but once done it looks good, also thats not my mirrors lol.

image.png.e330bc9e17cc8e49f1e721dab30d93d0.png

On 9/24/2017 at 8:52 PM, LJAM said:

Anyone got any recommendations for an exhaust system I could get. I don't want it TOO loud just enough to make it sound nice? And if I do invest in one would my insurance cost increase?

Heres a rough idea on modification insurance increase, bit ***** deadly like! 

1500053997186.jpg

15 hours ago, Dan567 said:

Heres a rough idea on modification insurance increase, bit ***** deadly like! 

I'm curious to know why adding a tow-bar reduces your insurance. Parking sensors I get but a coupling on the back I can't.

10 hours ago, MACH_Chris said:

I'm curious to know why adding a tow-bar reduces your insurance. Parking sensors I get but a coupling on the back I can't.

I'm going to be honest, I have no clue! The disability conversion raises your insurance by 69% which I think is ***** scandless!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club