Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford S-max 2.0 zetec tdci powershift 140 Enngine Malfunction warning, Ì warning and extremely slow throttle response from stop position

Extrovert

Thanks. I will check it on the weekend now.  I am back at work in Glasgow now and the car is in Manchester :(

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Extrovert

• iantt

• Ryan_Tango

I took the throttle pedal off but unfortunately it does have any screws as mentioned in the link i provided above.

It appears to be am electric one with no adjustments.  I have ordered a new one now and will see if it resolves the problem.  If it doesn't then I will order the throttle position sensor which is attached to throttle body.  See the attached graphs showing difference in PIDs.Screenshot_20170924-135158.thumb.png.a2719069326846108b2ed14016fdf091.png

How did you capture those readings, while driving? Need to capture a rested position then increase pedal smoothly to full. Obviously ign on engine not running. 

Just relooked at your readings. Thought the first 2 were the pedal position. Derr. Pedal knackered then. D and e should be similar. 

Took the reading when engine was running but car stationary. 

I have ordered 2 pedals.  One from an auction site but Ford's own account on the auction site.  The pedal I ordered from ford is brand new,  part number exactly matches but dealer say its not the part for my car as my car automatic but the pedal is for manual.  They go as long as its not opened I can return.

The second pedal is used but is for auto. Do you suggest ford pedal would also fit as part number match or dhall I stick to used one.  Both bought at the same price.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

6G92-9F836-LE.  See pictures attached of my pedal and the brand new pedal from ford on an auction website.

Picture 1. Used pedal bought from an auction website.

Picture 2. New pedal bought from an auction website.

Picture 3. Current pedal on the car

Screenshot_20170926-231857.png

Screenshot_20170926-231830.png

20170922_225441.jpg

if you pm me your reg number , i can check what you should have. maybe someone before you owned vehicle was having problems and put wrong pedal on?

Well, ford are right. It should end MD,me,mf,mg depending on build date.

Interesting.  Does it mean none of the ones I bought are going to work despite one of the sellers claiming it was for auto transmission?  Well I will find out on the weekend:(

I will update you. May be the one I ordered are for 2 litre engine but for 163 bro instead if 140bhp

Ian do you reckon I should order a pedal with MD code.  Please see attached picture. Rest of the codes and years match with my pedal but as you said it may have been incorrectly put on.

The picture one is only £18. Thanks

Screenshot_20170927-175103.png

up to you really, you can wait for one of the others to turn up first. bear in mind it may be a wiring issue still.

Right I tried the used pedal i bought which is shown in first pedal picture above.  No difference from the previous one. Engine Malfunction light is still on and throttle position error is still appearing on obd and doesn't get cleared despite multiple attempts.

Shall I now order the one that ends with code md? Any suggestions? Or buy one from the dealer?  Could it be something else other than pedal as you suggested wiring fault?

PIDs picture attached.

Screenshot_20170929-202215.png

if it was my car i would be ordering the md, me , mf version and try it. but as i have got multimeter i would be checking the wiring from pedal connector to body control module. 

or even unplug the connectors of bcm and check for water ingress/corrosion to pins etc. if nothing found , refit the connectors and try again .

both the horn and pedal go through body cobtrol module

I am on it. No indication of water ingress but I notice 2 cables have been cut. Grey and purple. Please see attached picture.

20170929_221910.jpg

20170929_221828.jpg

oh!!! there not meant to be cut, tell me what the colours are, could be linked to both your problems

Sorry for the late reply.  There is a grey wire with purple line and the second one is purple with green line.