Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air vent selector dial issue

m_fairfax

Hi all,

An issue arose last night with the round dial that selects the direction that air blows from in my fiesta last night. All was working as normal and air was blowing on windscreen. Turned the direction to feet and something didn't feel right. Air will only now blow straight at me and nowhere else. There used to be a bit of tension when turning the dial indicating that something was changing the direction however now there is no tension when changing positions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Car is a mk7/mk7.5 (unsure - 63 plate zetec s 1.6tdi) fiesta

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Hey, 

Have you managed to get this fixed? I have exactly the same issue on my 2013 Ford fiesta ecoboost. Happened the same as you said yours happened.  

I've managed to get behind the glove box and can see the insides of the selector trying to work when spinning the dial on the dash, but it doesn't move enough to change the airflow direction. 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :) 

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

u need to remove the heater selector then reclip the connecting cable to the back of the selector quite fiddly though. first u need to remove gear stick surround then i think its a couple of torx screws holding the heating controls in place. suggest u buy the Haynes manual u cant go wrong then

As above!

Those 2 cables are attached behind your center console on 2 small clips (green one in the picture). Check behind to see if those have popped out.

If not, then the problem might be on the heater controls. The cables can pop-off or some clips are broken. Hope it helps

G019360004.gif.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club