Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Enabling Automatic Lights

Zirk

Hi All,

Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but is it possible to add auto lamps/auto headlights to my fiesta even thought it did not come as a standard feature? I have read that this maybe possible by changing the switch to one that has the auto option and enabling the "automatic lights" option in Forscan. My 2015 Fiesta appears to have the required light sensor in the middle of the dash, close to the windscreen. I have enabled the option in Forscan with no errors but since I cannot put the system in "Auto" mode without the switch, I have no way of knowing if it will actually work.

Can anybody shed some light on this?

The sensor on the dash isn't for lights, that is the sun loading sensor for climate control if fitted or just a dummy blob of plastic if you have manual aircon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

what a stupid question!

only kidding. as clive said about the sunload sensor, you will need a rain sensor , wiring from sensor to bcm module and autolight switch. dont know anyone on here who has done this on fiesta , but a few of us have done on mk3 focus.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Any answer to this? My 2015  Zetec has the rain sensor fitted on the windscreen (at rear view mirror) and appears to be wired up. Is it just a matter of replacing the lighting control?

Edited by stiff77
Clarification

I just popped the cover off and this is underneath. Is this not the sensor?

C63CEC46-2727-4253-9822-972A7B0A3D63.jpeg

If I worked in a Ford factory I'd put little stickers in the place of missing components saying things like 'Sorry mate - should've paid the extra when you specced it.. ;-)' :smile:

• Like 3

I reckon a run of "bet you wished you bought the Titanium now" stickers should be a standard feature of any toolbox!

I reckon they should just fit them to everything zetec and above, it's just as much a safety feature as a comfort one imo...having to buy a top spec model for auto wipers and lights these days is daft!  Most Peugeots had them as standard back in the early 00s...

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 9/13/2017 at 10:46 PM, Zirk said:

Hi All,

Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but is it possible to add auto lamps/auto headlights to my fiesta even thought it did not come as a standard feature? I have read that this maybe possible by changing the switch to one that has the auto option and enabling the "automatic lights" option in Forscan. My 2015 Fiesta appears to have the required light sensor in the middle of the dash, close to the windscreen. I have enabled the option in Forscan with no errors but since I cannot put the system in "Auto" mode without the switch, I have no way of knowing if it will actually work.

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Howzit folks,

Any feedback on this. Did you ever buy the switch and install it with success? I'm planning on going to buy the auto light switch and the cruise-control on the steering and have them activated at the local ford dealer. Was just wondering if you got the lights to work without using additional sensors.

Hope to hear from you guys.

Its rain sensor and light sensor, it most prob can be enabled via software obd 2 jobby ,with light switch fitted and if the correct loom is fitted.

On 12/7/2019 at 5:46 PM, redline86 said:

Howzit folks,

Any feedback on this. Did you ever buy the switch and install it with success? I'm planning on going to buy the auto light switch and the cruise-control on the steering and have them activated at the local ford dealer. Was just wondering if you got the lights to work without using additional sensors.

Hope to hear from you guys.

A Ford dealer, if they will do it at all, will charge a fortune. Download Forscan, get a modified OBD2 dongle, and do it yourself. Heaps of guides on here. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2019 at 6:33 PM, ThaiFiesta said:

A Ford dealer, if they will do it at all, will charge a fortune. Download Forscan, get a modified OBD2 dongle, and do it yourself. Heaps of guides on here. 

Do you have any link for any guide? Cause I am nearly 100% sure that that thingamajig in the middle is a light sensor, but maybe not in the same way as you guys think. When its bright, it dims the lights on your panel, atleast that what it does for me and vice versa. If I am wrong and it is actually possible to get the "autolights" feature, I'd really appreciate a link to a guide like that! 🙂

On 9/24/2017 at 10:24 AM, TomsFocus said:

I reckon they should just fit them to everything zetec and above, it's just as much a safety feature as a comfort one imo...having to buy a top spec model for auto wipers and lights these days is daft!  Most Peugeots had them as standard back in the early 00s...

It's for that very reason that I've always bought either the Ghia model or the Titanium.   I think they're the best value with all the extras one could wish for.

• 1 year later...

Anyone tried this who has the switch? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club