Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

iPhone x

Fiesta1.25

So the iPhone X has been announced, I watched some of the keynote, and there's no getting away from the fact that it's going to be an amazing bit of kit. Is it just me or has this been questioned before?....... it's going to be available in the US from $999 so I was on Apples official U.K. Website and the exact same iPhone X is available from £999! Going by today's exchange rate surely it should be around £756 so are we getting ripped off????????????????

• Like 1

Ridiculous amount of money to spend on a phone. For that amount (£999), I bought my phone, insured my car for a year, bought enough petrol for a year, serviced it, paid my road tax (alright that was free), got breakdown cover, paid my annual television licence, paid telephone and broadband for a year, paid my house and contents insurance for a year and still had enough money left over to buy a decent compact digital camera (if I really wanted one)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hm unless you do 0 miles per year then a years petrol sounds optimistic. That's basing on my insurance though which costs about £998 per day! Lol!

16 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Hm unless you do 0 miles per year then a years petrol sounds optimistic. That's basing on my insurance though which costs about £998 per day! Lol!

The car is now 12 months old and I've spent just over £300 on petrol - 2800 miles. My insurance is £175

As a late edit note, I generally only fill up every 10 weeks

I'm so glad I switched to android a few years ago!

Yes 3k miles is reasonable for £300 of petrol! I do rather more miles a year sadly...

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

WARNING!!!! Do NOT click on this link if easily offended! 

Mods, if deemed too offensive I apologize and please delete. 

http://newsthump.com/2017/09/12/iphonex-to-include-revolutionary-arsehole-recognition-technology/

I assume the face ID didn't work and he's having to use the back door entrance to access his software :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He'll be very sore if he ends up jailbroken!

• Like 3

I have a Android phone all ready to go,only the new Moto G  (spare phone) so when my 6S plays up i wont get anther iPhone,phone it great and operating system is great but

Apple just does my head in now with restricted stuff like sd card and stuff.

Only had 5 mobiles in my life and spent a total of £55. First one was free off my brother (end of contract), 2nd one I really pushed the boat out and spent £40, the third and fourth also were free off my brother at the end of his contracts and then the last one and the one I still have, cost all of £15