Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloy Wheel Cap

Mavroz

Hi, 

I have a Fiesta St Line 140 2016 shape (2017 reg), with Rock Alloy Wheels.

There was a graze on the alloy when i collected the car, Ford dealership corrected the issue no problems.

When they have removed the centre wheel cap (black cap in the centre of wheel that has Ford on it), they have taken the Black coating off of one side which i didn't notice until last week.I cannot prove it was done at the time and for a tenner .........

Have purchased a genuine Ford replacement online - (Kappe Rad - Cap Wheel FR3V1003AB), it arrived today but this one is Matt Black.

The ones on my car are Gloss / shiny.

Does anyone know the part number for the gloss variant, as currently i am being told there is only one part number for these. It will save a 40 mile round trip to the dealership to order one.

Confused!

Thank you

Sorted now, the matt ones are for the older St line, there are gloss ones for the newer variants.

Ford have now ordered them for me.

If I'd spotted this earlier you could have had mine, I swapped them for the standard ford blue ones

Would have been useful, told people try to nick these regularly?

Why i don't know.

4 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Would have been useful, told people try to nick these regularly?

Why i don't know.

Back in the 1990's I had a Renault 5 GT Turbo (phase 2) and the centre part of the alloy wheel just popped off with a screwdriver; they were constantly being nicked. They were £15 each (about £100 a set in today's money). In the end I just left them off, the wheel looked awful, but it got too expensive to replace them. Also it was obvious they were new as the new alloy hadn't aged like the rest of the wheel, so it didn't look good anyway. Most wheels don't use this type of design now, because of this, which is why you can usually see the wheel nuts. The caps were of no use to anybody unless they also had a Renault 5 GT Turbo, so I can only imagine people who owned one had their centre caps stolen, they then stole someone else's, who in turn stole someone else's and so on. It's also possible they could have been stolen just for the sake of it or to sell on a it was really easy pickings for a thief

$_86.JPG