Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking to buy a Mk3 1.6 ecoboost

Razor88

Hi there. My first post! Looking to replace my existing car and get a mk3 focus. Looking at the 1.6 ecoboost as I've ready good things and seems to tick most of the boxes. Is there anything I should be looking out for when looking at cars? What is the service schedule like for these engines?

Going to test drive a 2012 one tomorrow. 

I have a frozen white focus Zetec s 2012 and it grate, one of the things I would check for is water in the boot, mostly in the spare wheelwell, and a damp smell in the boot area, this mean's there is a leek, and it comes from a very strange place and is a pain to fix,

or have a look at my thread

I hope that helps.

2 hours ago, DrewP said:

I have a frozen white focus Zetec s 2012 and it grate, one of the things I would check for is water in the boot, mostly in the spare wheelwell, and a damp smell in the boot area, this mean's there is a leek, and it comes from a very strange place and is a pain to fix,

or have a look at my thread

I hope that helps.

Thanks for the tip there. I'll be sure to check the spare wheel well!

Also, are these engines driven by a chain or cambelt? If it's a cambelt what's how often do they need to be replaced?

The 1.6 ECOboost engine has a timing belt. The prescribed changing interval for the timing belt is 125000 Miles or 10 Years (whichever comes first).

service is scheduled every 12500 miles or every Year (whichever comes first). 

Does the 1.6 ecoboost use the same oil bathed cambelt like the 1.0 one ?

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 4 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

No, the 1.6 ECOboost has no wetbelt but a normal (dry) timing belt.

The 1.6 ECOboost is basically based on the old Sigma (1.25/1.4/1.6 Zetec/Duratec) engine family. The 1.6 ECOboost (also called 1.6 Sigma GTDI) is a direct injected, turbocharged further development of the 1.6 Duratec TI-VCT engine. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club