Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 Navigation Map Updates

avi

Any idea if there are map updates available for Sync 3 navigation ?  If so how much does it cost ?

I understand Ford use Here for nav data and there are options to buy updates direct. However, it appears updates for ford are only available from Ford.

10 minutes ago, iantt said:

nope, thats sync 2
sync 3 doesnt use an sd card

oops it`s been a long day lol :sad:

i would have thought map data will be supplied via wifi or usb stick.

Doesn't Sync3 have a wifi update capability?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thought so.
Whether Ford will utilise that to good effect remains to be seen though.
Being able to transfer music into an in-built SSD would have been a nice option.

21 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Doesn't Sync3 have a wifi update capability?

The Sync 3 system receive updates via Wifi but, apparently, this does not apply to  nav map data.

I suspect it's via a USB but unlike some other car brands that can be purchased from HERE (https://here.navigation.com/europe/) it seems its only available from Ford.

Currently there are no new maps for SYNC 3. The SYNC 3 map data that is currently factory installed is outdated. It uses a 2014 base map. There are a lot of complaints about this subject. in some countries some people even received a partial refund because of non conformity and Ford was not able to solve it within reasonable time.

Based on several sources Ford is currently developing the new map data and a way to distribute the update. Official Ford communication stated that the update should be available within a dew months and that it needs to be installed from USB. Whether this update can be installed by the owner from a USB drive or only can be installed by a Ford dealer is still unknown.

Some official sources say that the map updates will be free of charge for the first 7 Years. However this is not officially confirmed and I do not know if this applies to all countries or only certain countries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I assume that the maps as they are cover all of Europe. Is that correct?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club