Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Zetec MK3 Upgrades - Bodykit Alloys Remap

Winchester

Hi All 

New to the forum, hello to everyone! :smile:

I am picking up my White Ford Focus 2015 MK3 Zetec 100PS 999CC on Wednesday. 

I am looking at doing some upgrades, please see below: 

1)Looking at getting Zetec S bodykit - is there anywhere that i can get these all together to save getting parts from all over the show? Seems to be quite a varied range in prices. 

2)New upgraded alloys, looking at the black Ford spoke alloys to contrast the white paintwork of car. I believe the stock are 16's, if they were upgraded in size to 17's/18's would there be any issues with rubbing etc. 

3)ReMap, i've had a quote from racing company close to me in Liverpool for £299 which would increase PS from 100 to 149-156 PS. Does this seem like a good deal and would it be worthwhile with a 5 speed gearbox as opposed to the 6 speed in a 125PS model? 

4)Privacy glass, what price would be reasonable for this as i am getting varied prices from companies. 

5) Suggestions - is there anything else that can be done to the car which i have missed that would enhance it........i was looking at headlights as i believe the Zetec model doesnt come with the LED running lights but i may be mistaken? 

Any help would be most appreciated. 

Apologies for the questions, this will be the first car i have done any changes to, i have previously owned a Ford Fiesta 2006 1.6 Auto which was run into the ground with 120k on clock. 

Thanks in advance guys and girls 

1. Any Ford dealer can get all the dress up kit parts for you. It won't be as cheap as buying them second hand though obviously.
  2. It's the depth of the wheel that's the issue. OEM 17" are the same size as 16", but the 18" are deeper and are supposed to be fitted with a steering rack limiter to prevent rubbing of the arch liner.
  3. The 5 speed box is already being taken to its limit on torque. It was never designed with modern turbo charged engines in mind. Some people with the same box in Fiesta's have had synchro trouble. Make sure they are reputable too, as some have had engines written off by a bad map.
  4. Are you looking for glass replacement, or just film tints?
  5. Only other thing I'd say is factor in the additional cost of insuring all these modifications. If you are under 25 it won't be cheap.

Just had a bluefin on mine (mk3 1.0 125bhp), box states a 31bhp inc which would be 156bhp, i also have a k&n box filter (didnt want the induction kit as they tend to sound *****) the car goes like stink. id thoroughly reccomend the bluefin, mine was £310 from peregrine tuning.

body and alloys wise ive left mine standard as i like the understated "sleeper" look.

The wife has a 100ps 5spd ecoboost fiesta and the remapped focus wipes the floor with it

wheels wise mine are 17" alloys as standard so you will be fine, just remember that if you go up in size you will need to come down in tyre profile height, also dont go too big as you will mess with the gear ratios of the car.

I'm not sure I'd want much more torque than standard running through the 5 speed box.

Thanks for the replies! 

Think ill go for a set of 17's as i've read about ride quality with the 18's and will probably be cheaper and easier to sort. 

Read earlier about someone getting the skirts from Fords directly already sprayed in Frozen white (same as my car) for £165 ish so will look at that. Thinking the honeycomb grille in black might look nice on the white car with dark alloys but trying to find image of an already done one. The chrome grill is nice so if it needs to stay its not a massive issue, would like the rear bumper changing though to the Zetec S style. 

Had a little look at them Stodgey online, theres a company (Riverside Racing-Liverpool) close to me that does racing mods, they do the REVO TECHNIK which the above quote and increase was for, full dyno on completion to show increase in PS which they quoted increase to 149-156PS.  

Fortunately im 33 Alex so insurance wont be a problem. Also just film tints i was looking at to keep overall cost down but read that some can look terrible if not done properly or with incorrect/cheap film.  

Thanks again guys 

bluefin on my 100 focus, been fine for the last 3 years and 31k ive done(now on 57k) 140hp is enough. any more on the 5 speed box is asking for trouble.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, iantt said:

bluefin on my 100 focus, been fine for the last 3 years and 31k ive done(now on 57k) 140hp is enough. any more on the 5 speed box is asking for trouble.

thankfully as i have the 125bhp model, I've got the 6 speed box in mine which was built for the ST/RS so the gearbox and clutch are over engineered for the car so should (in theory) handle whatever i chuck at it.

Just now, Stodgey said:

thankfully as i have the 125bhp model, I've got the 6 speed box in mine which was built for the ST/RS so the gearbox and clutch are over engineered for the car so should (in theory) handle whatever i chuck at it.

The 6 speed box in the 1.0 is not the same as the ST and RS.

It is the same as the 1.5 and 1.6 ecoboost however.

• Like 2

To add the 6 speed box for the 1.0/1.5/1.6 is rated for 280 Nm, the ST box is rated for 450 Nm.

From memory I think the 5 speed box is rated for 170 or 180 Nm.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

The 6 speed box in the 1.0 is not the same as the ST and RS.

It is the same as the 1.5 and 1.6 ecoboost however.

aah fair enough.. see, just goes to show that not all you read onthe internet is true!! :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Stodgey said:

aah fair enough.. see, just goes to show that not all you read onthe internet is true!! :biggrin:

You should take a look at PistonHeads, the amount of brown stuff that people chat on there each day is ridiculous.

52 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

To add the 6 speed box for the 1.0/1.5/1.6 is rated for 280 Nm, the ST box is rated for 450 Nm.

From memory I think the 5 speed box is rated for 170 or 180 Nm.

I have a 125 Fiesta with the 5 speed box. The standard torque is 170Nm with an overboost to 200Nm (I think the Focus is the same), The 140PS model is 180Nm with an overboost to 210Nm. The Mountune pack on the 125PS increases the torque to 214Nm and maintains warranty. I don't know what the rating is for the 5 speed box, but I imagine it's higher than 170-180Nm

4 minutes ago, 1979Damian said:

You should take a look at PistonHeads, the amount of brown stuff that people chat on there each day is ridiculous.

think thats where i got it from ... wikipedia seems to confirm it too lol

this is what wiki has to say

Engine 1.0 L Ecoboost (2012–) - Gearbox code 6M - power 125 PS (92 kW; 123 bhp) 170 N·m (130 lb·ft) - Top speed 121

Engine 2.0 L Ecoboost - Gearbox code 6M - power 250 PS (184 kW; 247 bhp) 360 N·m (270 lb·ft) - top speed 154 mph

so according to the stats there they appear to have the same gearbox (also shared by the 2.0 diesel kuga apparently) hence my post above. I have a friend with a fiesta st180 so will be interesting to get the codes to compare

14 hours ago, iantt said:

215/50/17 is standard size on focus if your going 17 in.

Thanks iantt 

Will have a look at some 17's with dimensions above, cheers :) 

Thanks for all your replies 

Stats quoted by Riverside would be an increase to 149-156PS 155-170lb ft torque. I just dont want to destroy the gear box etc with the re map. 

The car wont be pushed to limits, but would be nice to have a little bit more power for overtaking etc. 

Alot of people saying they wouldn't re map and alot saying they have had no issues arghhhhhhhhh! 

After looking i think i will definitely do the tints, wheels and then look at Zetec S kit and Re map. 

Winchester 

The problem with some of remaps is that it lifts or removes the torque limits.

Ford put limits on 1st gear and sometimes others to protect the gearbox. That's why they can put a bit more power than the rated spec as it's capped in certain gears. The advertised torque is just the peak torque, probably in 2nd or 3rd gear.

2 hours ago, Stodgey said:

think thats where i got it from ... wikipedia seems to confirm it too lol

this is what wiki has to say

Engine 1.0 L Ecoboost (2012–) - Gearbox code 6M - power 125 PS (92 kW; 123 bhp) 170 N·m (130 lb·ft) - Top speed 121

Engine 2.0 L Ecoboost - Gearbox code 6M - power 250 PS (184 kW; 247 bhp) 360 N·m (270 lb·ft) - top speed 154 mph

so according to the stats there they appear to have the same gearbox (also shared by the 2.0 diesel kuga apparently) hence my post above. I have a friend with a fiesta st180 so will be interesting to get the codes to compare

It is wikipedia, I filled out a lot of the info for the Mk8 Fiesta. I could change that, I think it just refers to 6 speed manual, not the actual gearbox code though.

The 1.0 6 speed Focus is a Getrag 6MTT250, the ST uses a Getrag 6MTT450.

The Fiesta ST probably uses the 6MTT250, all Ford 2.0 TDCi engines with 6 speed manual use the 6MTT450 afaik.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club