Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intake whistle when accelerating

Dan567

Alright, so I installed AIRTEC Stage 2 induction kit. I took it out for a skoot and I noticed once I put my foot down there was a whistle coming from the passenger side...

I am completely lost on why its making this weird sound and would appreciate any help or suggestions!

Is it under hard acceleration or normal driving? I've heard some induction kits that are designed to whistle as the turbo spools up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I talked to a local mechanic about this issue ive been getting, and hes said it's probably just the air filter itself making the whistle, apparently it common in a K&N Airfilter which sucks!

Especially if I remap it, I don't want it to sound even louder... if thats the case I will buy the K&N panel filter (stupidly) and put it in the stock airbox which might get rid of the whistle, but will reduce the induction noise which is what I would like to have...

Decisions :unsure:

It's probably just turbo whistle, the original airbox is designed to dampen all noise...both induction and turbo...with a big impellor blocking the inlet you'll never get the nice induction noise that an NA petrol gives but will get an annoying whistle.  I bet it'll make the same noise if you remove the filter completely, don't drive it like that though lol.    

K&N panel filter makes absolutely no difference though, the restriction is the intake piping, not the paper filter.  I've been daft enough to buy various panel filters, they don't make a difference to power or noise over a clean paper filter.

Alright dude, thanks for giving me your opinion and saving me money! I'll deal with it and not drive like that 😉 But thanks again dude!