Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear parking sensors mk3 (2013)

Tommo17

Hi guys. Information overload since discovering this forum :) 

if I buy this loom kit and fit it and plug it into the socket pictured what would the next step be. (I have elm cable on order for installing nav screen and cluster change)

IMG_8232.JPG

IMG_8233.JPG

IMG_8234.PNG

5 hours ago, Tommo17 said:

Hi guys. Information overload since discovering this forum :) 

if I buy this loom kit and fit it and plug it into the socket pictured what would the next step be. (I have elm cable on order for installing nav screen and cluster change)

IMG_8232.JPG

IMG_8233.JPG

IMG_8234.PNG

You dont need the sat nav screen for rear sensors they work on even the monochrome screen, i imagine after having all the wires in place its just a matter of using the FoCCCus software to state you have rear sensors, you should also use FoCCCus to change the settings for the screen. This should be all you need to do. I dont think there is a seperate module for parking sensors however i may be wrong.

• Thanks 1

Thanks. Oh I'm confused as I've seen somewhere that it should go to a parking assist module in the drivers side boot behinds the little flap. I just checked mine b4 and found this

not sure what that's for

IMG_8236.JPG

you will indeed need a parking aid module, but before even buying anything you need to check if there is the 2 or 3 small multiplugs for parking aid module to plug into. some vehicles had them some didnt.  bit more of a dig around on the o/s/r required.

the plugs you see are not for parking aid 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iantt said:

you will indeed need a parking aid module, but before even buying anything you need to check if there is the 2 or 3 small multiplugs for parking aid module to plug into. some vehicles had them some didnt.  bit more of a dig around on the o/s/r required.

the plugs you see are not for parking aid 

Ok will have a look and see if I can find it. Will they be in that location though? And the one underneath that is for sensors am I correct in that?

i think those connectors are for the original fit reverse camera. 

50 minutes ago, iantt said:

i think those connectors are for the original fit reverse camera. 

That's good. I want to fit that as well. Any idea on where to find the part number for the parking module I require as one on eBay for £19.99

as for module i think you need dv4t-15k866-ak. but that number may supercede to f1et-

F1ET is a Focus MK3.5 module. this type of module is not fully compatible with the MK3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

F1ET is a Focus MK3.5 module. this type of module is not fully compatible with the MK3.

That one says it was removed from a 2012 focus? 

Also this one. How do you guys know the that part numbers are compatible saves me keep asking here. 

IMG_8257.PNG

1 hour ago, Tommo17 said:

That one says it was removed from a 2012 focus? 

F1ET-15K866-AF is a Focus MK3.5 module that is used installed from 06-10-2014 to 17-06-2015. This part number was never used on other Ford models. From experience I know that this part number is not fully compatible with a Focus MK3. 

BM5T-15K866-AN is used on the Focus MK3 from 03-01-2011 onwards
DV4T-15K866-AK is only used on the Focus ST and the Focus Electric.

If you want a module that only supports rear parking sensors you need part number BM5T-15K866-A*. The * stands for the revision of the part. N is currently the latest available version of this part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

you guys are top notch with your information. its greatly appreciated chaps

you mention a module only for rear.?

As opposed to what other?

as opposed to active park assist with front sensors. dont even go there!!

When I did rear sensors on mine , I used aftermarket xvision sensors and a module that communicated sensors to vehicle display. Unfortunately I think the module is no longer available