Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear parking sensors mk3 (2013)

Tommo17

Both the rear parking sensor system and the Active Park Assist system can be retrofitted without any problems.

To retrofit the rear parking sensors you need the following parts:

4x Parking sensors.
2x Sensor bracket.
2x Sensor bracket. 
PAM module (Rear sensors only). 
2x Push-pin (needed to mount the module). 
Wiring harness. 

To retrofit the Active Park Assist system you also need the following additional parts:

6x Parking sensors 
4x Sensor bracket
PAM module (Front & Rear sensors) 
Front lower grille with sensor holes.
PDC/Active Park Assist switch.
Engine bay wiring harness.
Rear ABS/ESP sensors (Active Park Assist uses different sensors that can detect both forward and reverse motion).

The front parking sensor wiring is not available seperately. This wiring is part of the complete engine bay wiring harness and costs an arm and a leg (over €1000,-).  The easiest way to add the front parking sensor wiring is by taking it out of a scrap car or by building the additional wiring from scratch using the correct color wiring, connectors and connector pins.

After installaton of all parts the system needs to be activated in the Central Car Configuration using a suitible Ford specific diagnostic system.

I am currently working on a few CANbus related projects. One of these projects is a converter that makes it possible to display the parking sensor information of a cheap generic parking sensor kit on the FCDIM.

I use the speaker output signal of the cheap generic parking sensor kit as an input signal for an Arduino Nano with (specially designed) CANbus shield. By measuring the frequency of the speaker output signal (beeps) the Arduino sends the corresponding CANbus signal to the FCDIM.

I currently have a test setup on the table which is working perfectly. However I have not tested yet inside a car. The only downside of this solution is that the FCDIM shows the same distance for all sensors (instead of individually).  However my solution is still a lot better than no parking sensor infomation on the FCDIM at all.

• Like 1

the x vision module was a good idea but no customers wanted to pay an extra £50 for it to display in fcdim with sound through the Speakers. it showed individual sensors like oem.
mine is the only one that i know of thats been done that way.

thats how it showed before i fitted reverse camera and 5 in screen

1506163964355.jpg.f5b131105067fdcdac39548fc160657d.jpg

• 8 months later...

Is there a way to check via Ford Ecat if I have the wiring loom that connects to the parking aid module? I reached behind the flap on the passenger (driver's in the UK) side of the boot but space is very limited. I guess I need to detach the boot liner..

The only way to determine whether the car has the PDC wiring or not is by visually checking.  

These are the plugs in the back. The black one and one of the brown ones is for the parking module, correct? What is the other one for - a backing camera? Ah, one more thing. I'll be buying the whole bumper harness with the parking sensors from a car that's a different color. I will also order a can of paint to match my car - will I be able to repaint them myself or should I go to a bodyshop?0717848695ff1f0fdd054c4da5b0ec8f.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I just received the loom with the parking sensors and the parking aid module and I can't figure out how to plug them in. Did I order the wrong parts? The harness' code is BV6T-15K868-ADC and the module is BM5T-15K866-AN. 

0f21b44a1b946e64fa77ec8c5066584c.jpg

The module is connected to the 3 connectors (1x Black and 2x Brown) that are shown on the picture.

The wiring harness replaces the existing rear bumper wiring harness and is connected to the connector at the underside of the car.

Ah, I see. Thank you. Is there a way to test the harness without removing the bumper?

Just disconnect the existing wiring harness and connect the new wiring harness with the sensors. Also connect the PDC module. Next activate the rear parking sensors in the Central Car Configuration  and the system should be fully functional.

• 1 month later...

I finally got round to testing the parking sensors module and loom and thankfully they work. I need to have my rear bumper resprayed after a minor accident so I'll ask the body shop to paint the sensors and fit them. One question I have - where should the PAM fit? I purchased the two push pins but can't find any holes for them.

normally there covered up by some sort of tape. 

There were a few pieces of thick tape directly on the metal. I tried to feel if there is a hole behind but It felt solid. 

These are the ones I'm talking about

IMG_8245.JPG (not my photo)

• 1 month later...

Just to give an update - I finally installed the parking sensors last night. I had to have my rear bumper resprayed after a light accident at a traffic light so I took the opportunity to ask the bodyshop to repaint the sensors and install them for me. The holes for the module were hiding behind two pieces of tape (the two rectangular ones in the bottom you can see in the photo above). I then programmed the function using FoCCCus. One question - any way I can increase the volume of the parking sensors chime a bit?

• 1 year later...
On 6/4/2018 at 5:52 PM, bronc said:

These are the plugs in the back. The black one and one of the brown ones is for the parking module, correct? What is the other one for - a backing camera? Ah, one more thing. I'll be buying the whole bumper harness with the parking sensors from a car that's a different color. I will also order a can of paint to match my car - will I be able to repaint them myself or should I go to a bodyshop?0717848695ff1f0fdd054c4da5b0ec8f.jpg

hi i wonder where these wires are connected i mean where are they connected in the back.the plugs goes into the module thats fine the other end of the wires where are they connected.

is these wires comes withe the car originally or have you fitted yourself.

• 6 months later...
On 9/22/2017 at 6:04 PM, Tommo17 said:

Found them :biggrin:

IMG_8245.JPG

IMG_8246.JPG

IMG_8247.JPG

IMG_8248.JPG

I can’t find these in my 2015 Focus ST.

If you haven't got any plugs then I don't think a retrofit is possible. If you have them, they are in the right hand side of the boot behind the from

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2020 at 5:44 PM, kevtough said:

I can’t find these in my 2015 Focus ST.

It’s possible but a lot more work you’d have to make your own looms up 

• 2 years later...

I have the two yellow and one black connectors. Would I need to buy a speaker or will this be fitted already? What does programming the sensors using FoCCCus mean?

• 8 months later...
On 9/22/2017 at 7:32 PM, iantt said:

thats the multiplugs, the brown and black.

I haven’t got any of those wires is it still possible to fit original reverse sensors on rear

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club