Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk2 clocks change.

chw1

hi all just changed my clocks over (speedo cluster) on my focus mk2 (07 plate) with a cluster I got from another focus mk2 ... now my car won't start the new cluster fits and all the lights light up but when I turn the key to start nothing ...but when I put the old one back it starts .... what am I doing wrong or can you not change over the clocks (clusters) changed them because I wanted the one that illuminated red and not green as  my old one did... so can someone give me some advice as to what I've done wrong....cheerd Chris.

I think it is something to do with the imobiliser, sure I have read something about that on another post, I am sure someone who knows for sure will be along soon to say yes or no :)

So far as your old cluster, could you not have changed to LED Bulbs and has whatever colour you wanted?

• Like 1

hello

I think Chris is right you may need the ecu from the doner car as well I take it you have gone from a mk2 focus to a face lift mk 2.5 I think it can be done bu its not a case of plug and play.       but as Chris has said there will be someone along shortly who knows what you need to do.

On the Focus MK2/MK2.5 the instrument cluster is part of the PATS immobilizer system. 

The PATS immobilizer system is integrated into the instrument cluster and the PCM. The Transponder serial numbers of the PATS keys are stored on the instrument cluster. The instrument cluster is paired/synchronized with the PCM. 

When the instrument cluster is changed the Transponder serial numbers are no longer a match and the instrument cluster is no longer paired/synchronized with the PCM. as a result of this the car will be immobilized.

To solve this the PATS keys need to be programmed into the new instrument cluster and the new instrument cluster needs to be paired/synchronized with the PCM. This can be done with a suitible Ford specific diagnostic system that has the ability to reprogram the Ford CODED PATS system.

Next to this the new instrument cluster also needs to be configured correctly to match the settings/options of the car.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

cheers Guys only picked  up the other cluster for £15. to change the leds on the old one was about £60.. so how much would this ford code reader set me back or can I just download it to my laptop?  cheers Chris.

3 hours ago, chw1 said:

so how much would this ford code reader set me back or can I just download it to my laptop?

The adapter (ELM327) costs about £16, or less. The software is free download for Windows.

One ELM supplier is:

https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/

The Forscan programme is free (in Windows format) and you can get it from:

http://forscan.org/download.html

But the procedure is not entirely simple. See:

http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=839

• Like 1

Is the ELM327 from Tunnelrat-electronics a best quality product?    Have you used it yourself?

I wanted to order one from James Simpson but there is no stock and no response to contacting, so I am looking for a good alternative that will not give me a problem as I have never ventured into programming the options in the GEM module before. I have seen lots of reports of users having problems with alternatives so I am nervous about getting a decent one.....

*** Are you confident that the Tunnelrat-electronics modified ELM is a good one? ***

I am planning to use elmconfig with it and want to turn off automatic switch-on of heated windows, automatic switch-on of air-conditioning, and enable cruise control.

Better still if there's a user who lives near the Hampshire/West Berkshire border who could help me!!!

Thanks in anticipation!

28 minutes ago, CC_Ford said:

Is the ELM327 from Tunnelrat-electronics a best quality product?    Have you used it yourself?

I wanted to order one from James Simpson but there is no stock

I am 99% certain that both James Simpson & Tunnelrat get their basic ELMs from China, as almost all consumer type electronics seems to be manufactured there. And the ELM chips will not be genuine ones from the Canadian ELM company (https://www.elmelectronics.com/products/prices/), as they sell the chips alone for about $21, so they will be cloned copies, like just about all the ELM327 complete units on sale.

But Tunnelrat (& I guess James Simpson) test & guarantee their units to work with Forscan & ELMConfig. Several people on this site have bought the Tunnelrat one, and it has been ok. Not me though, I got a basic (un-modified) ELM327 before I came to this site.

Using ELMConfig to alter simple functions in the BCM has fewer dangers than major jobs like re-writing the PCM code. Just make sure your car has the feature you are enabling. There have been a couple of reports of people turning on features that do not exist, getting error codes, and not being able to turn them off again!

Leave the cruise control until you have verified the rest work and gained some confidence in using the system, as it may involve a major write to the PCM.

Also make sure the car battery in in good condition, & fully charged, or connect a trickle charger to the car while doing any write operation that can take some time. Use a car power point charger for the laptop also. If it died halfway through updating the PCM, it would not be nice!

• Like 1

the elm wont program clocks in you need the ford one and software

ive done it myself its not hard had someone send me the software but was asked not to give it out

• 3 years later...
On 9/21/2017 at 12:48 AM, Tdci-Peter said:

The adapter (ELM327) costs about £16, or less. The software is free download for Windows.

One ELM supplier is:

https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/

The Forscan programme is free (in Windows format) and you can get it from:

http://forscan.org/download.html

But the procedure is not entirely simple. See:

http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=839

Thanks to this I was able to do the Cluster change with an OBDII bluetooth connector.

I had some dificulties with one of the keys but finally it worked.

Many thanks

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club