Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford fiesta Stereo LCD Screen UPGRADE

noctis707

Hello everyone,

I recently changed my basic two line monochrome blue display with full color sony display, i only changed the screen, it was plug and play.

My car didn't have sync or bluethooth to begin with, only USB and radio/CD, after the screen change USB and radio/CD work as intented.

My issue is that with the new screen, I lost the car information messages (for example when a door is open, i no longer get the message on the screen), i lost the MYKEY menu aswell.

When i go into setting, i only have audio setting and time setting, not even the option to change the language,

I have not replaced the silver box, also i have not replaced the facia, still have the 1-6 numberpad.

Is there a way i can get the car information messages back on my new shiny display, i dont car for bluethooth/sync and can live without MYKEY feature but i definetly want the car information messages feature back.

Anyone who have done this mod before please advice,

I'm looking to upgrade my screen also. Where did you buy it from?

18 hours ago, lwatson99 said:

I'm looking to upgrade my screen also. Where did you buy it from?

I bought it from a friend of mine who just upgraded his 2016 fiesta titanium with a 7inch touchscreen head unit running android 5.1, he has now navigation and digital climate control and obd2 gauges and much more by just installing apps from playstore !

Update :

i used forscan and changed in central configuration the value for touchscreen from starbust mfd2 to color mfd5, the write was succeful but my problem is not fixed.

please advice i really need to change from  km to miles and change language from french to english

have you re read your cars config files with forscan as you may have only stored the backup file and not stored the mail file.

12 hours ago, 540itouring said:

have you re read your cars config files with forscan as you may have only stored the backup file and not stored the mail file.

My car has central configuration main on ipc and central configuration backup on bcm.

I never entrered the backup bcm, only wrote twice so far to main ipc, first time to enable trip computer wich was successful, and this second time to make the car recognize my new display, the write to ecu was succesful but my problem isnt fixed.

when i go back to central config i find the value for touchscreen already in color mfd5

1 hour ago, iantt said:

main config is bcm , not ipc

I entred bcm and made the same changes i made in ipc, changed the value for touchscreen from mfd2 to mfd5 and changed the radio from low level to high level , the write is successful, still no changes, its driving me nuts, please help

1 hour ago, iantt said:

main config is bcm , not ipc

On the Focus MK3/MK3.5 it is but not on the Fiesta MK7/MK7.5. On the Fiesta the IPC is the main config and the BCM the backup.

For some reason Ford found it a good idea to have it reversed on the Fiest.

• Like 1

On the Focus MK3/MK3.5 it is but not on the Fiesta MK7/MK7.5. On the Fiesta the IPC is the main config and the BCM the backup.
For some reason Ford found it a good idea to have it reversed on the Fiest.

i never knew that, not that ive had to do any config on fiestas.

Update 2 : 

i read online that the solution to my issue is that i need to reprogram FCDIM to 5inch, i searched in central configuration of my fiesta and didnt find any parameter named FCDIM !! Any ideas on what i could be missing ?

ô\

On 9/26/2017 at 12:13 AM, noctis707 said:

Update 2 : 

i read online that the solution to my issue is that i need to reprogram FCDIM to 5inch, i searched in central configuration of my fiesta and didnt find any parameter named FCDIM !! Any ideas on what i could be missing ?

It's "Touch Screen" option in IPC config

2 hours ago, N.K.D said:

ô\

It's "Touch Screen" option in IPC config

My original value for "touch screen" was : No touchscreen Starbust MFD2.

I changed this value to : No touchscreen color TFT MFD5.

I also changed ICP to extended and radio to high level radio.

I wrote to main and backup (IPC and BCM) just to be sure, the write is successful but my problem is not solved.

I tried another value for touchscreen : No touchscreen color TFT MFD4. still no luck.

My screen is working reading cd/mp3 as intended and radio works but i still have only 6 presets, it crashes when i try to go to 7th preset.

I can't change the language nor can i change from KM to miles, i lost MY KEY functions, and i lost the car information messages (for example when a door is open).

Please help this is driving me nuts.

22 hours ago, noctis707 said:

My original value for "touch screen" was : No touchscreen Starbust MFD2.

I changed this value to : No touchscreen color TFT MFD5.

I also changed ICP to extended and radio to high level radio.

I wrote to main and backup (IPC and BCM) just to be sure, the write is successful but my problem is not solved.

I tried another value for touchscreen : No touchscreen color TFT MFD4. still no luck.

My screen is working reading cd/mp3 as intended and radio works but i still have only 6 presets, it crashes when i try to go to 7th preset.

I can't change the language nor can i change from KM to miles, i lost MY KEY functions, and i lost the car information messages (for example when a door is open).

Please help this is driving me nuts.

Do your car have Sync module??

1 hour ago, N.K.D said:

Do your car have Sync module??

Nope, my car is a base model, i had cd/radio + usb basic radio with two line monochrome display.

I don't care about bluethooth or sync thats why i kept my original silver box and 1to6 facia.

I only changed my two line display with full color sony display.

I used forscan before to enable the tripcomputer and foglights and both worked perfect without any complications.

I don't understand why i am unable to make my car aknownlegde my new display.

14 hours ago, noctis707 said:

Nope, my car is a base model, i had cd/radio + usb basic radio with two line monochrome display.

I don't care about bluethooth or sync thats why i kept my original silver box and 1to6 facia.

I only changed my two line display with full color sony display.

I used forscan before to enable the tripcomputer and foglights and both worked perfect without any complications.

I don't understand why i am unable to make my car aknownlegde my new display.

That's your problem, the color screen can not load car information without Sync.

5 hours ago, N.K.D said:

That's your problem, the color screen can not load car information without Sync.

Oh i see, guess retrofitting a sync module into my car is not possible because the wiring for it may not be present for my car.

I found some sync modules on sale for less than a 100£, i can afford that but i'm not sure it can be installed on my car.

Maybe i'm better off removing this OEM color screen, and getting an aftermarket 8inch android based touchscreen with built in bluethoot and can-bus support. 

Should i revert the changes i made in forscan to their default values or it doesnt matter if i keep them like this ?

i changed the values for touchscreen, ICP and radio

you must change the radio to radio with bt or sony radio  and must see what's  your part nr on display and searching display with same nr or btw year production 

• 8 months later...

I upgrade my basic radio with Sony version.

I change LCD and Sony Facia, but keep the head unit, i don't have sync module, and i dont activated bluetooth.
This is what i change in Forscan:

IMG_20180508_165832.thumb.jpg.9bd6ce1c8836c1510c56c56c52e39ef8.jpg

IMG_20180508_170200.thumb.jpg.feb4fdf8cecfd0fc34a9f97565527faf.jpg

And i can acess the config of the car, and have all the information about doors, vents on/off, etc 

IMG_20180508_173200.thumb.jpg.a54567e40b489c9554a55a7e01f5ddf5.jpg

Your problem is not about bluetooth module missing, its something else.

• 2 years later...

Hi, did you ever fixed the screen change problem?

Thank you

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club