Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fly by wire / RPM problems

joelwool

ford 1.6 TDCI -

idle at 800RPM - if I slowly put gas on I get nothing, then suddenly I get 1200 RPM, take my foot off slowly and it drops back down to idle.  I can not maintain RPM anywhere between 800-1200 however gentle I am with the gas.  this can not be right because I have never had this issue before is it just me or what?

Thanks for reading.

i had 1.6tdci and now have 1.5tdci. on both I could increase the rpm gradually up from idle -when i would collect by daughter from work in winter when cold I would keep the engine running to keep warm whilst waiting for her and amuse myself on seeing how slowly I could increase the rpm from tickover.  

I am wondering if it is a faulty throttle pedal.  If you had a OBD port code reader (tunnelrat electronics are good) and free software like forscan it will be able to give you live readings from loads of electronic bits so you should be able to see if the voltage output from the throttle pedal suddenly jumps up and not moves slowly upwards   (I think). 

• Like 1

thats interesting, so it doesn't seem right that mine jumps from idle straight unto 1200 and nothing in-between.

Definately not right mate, maybe the TPS (throttle position sensor) is on it's way out, essentially if sensor isn't reporting movement for the 1st part of your throttle pedal travel the ECU won't know to rev the engine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club