Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any updates for SYNC 3 yet?

koopa79

I have a SYNC 3, and from what i can tell i've not seen any updates while i've had the car, and i recieved the car in March.

Anyone know if you can manually download them?

or if there is a page that at least tells you what the latest version is?

I'ev tried searching for updates on the wifi from the car, but its keeps searching but never seems to say find some or at latest version?

theres another thread not long ago discussing this. basically there is no update as of yet , ford are going to bring out an update but no date . the map data at present apparently is from 2014.

These are 2 different things. Map updates and system software updates.

Currently there are no new maps for SYNC 3. The SYNC 3 map data that is currently factory installed is outdated. It uses a 2014 base map. There are a lot of complaints about this subject. in some countries some people even received a partial refund because of non conformity and Ford was not able to solve it within reasonable time.

Based on several sources Ford is currently developing the new map data and a way to distribute the update. Official Ford communication stated that the update should be available within a dew months and that it needs to be installed from USB. Whether this update can be installed by the owner from a USB drive or only can be installed by a Ford dealer is still unknown.

Some official sources say that the map updates will be free of charge for the first 7 Years. However this is not officially confirmed and I do not know if this applies to all countries or only certain countries.

After the SYNC 3 system was introduced there were several ssytem software updates. Software version 3.0 is currently the latest available version. This version can be downloaded from the following website:

http://ffclub.ru/topic/418797/jump_270/?pid=18493256#entry18493256

You can use Google Translate to translate the Russian text to English. The update can be installed from a USB drive. After this update the SYNC 3 system works a lot smoother than before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
16 hours ago, Big stu said:

Just got an email from ford
Saying sync updates

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sync 3 updates using the Ford UK site have been available for several months and map data was added more recently. I guess they just got around to sending email. 

• Like 1

I have a 67 Focus Estate that I purchased in November last year.   Not long after I got the car my son told me of an update that I installed.   In March last year a major new road bridge was built where I live which was obviously not on the sat nav maps, even after the update.   My son has now swapped to a Kuga which he has just updated and shows the new route.   If the new maps are available for the Kuga why is it so hard to have this available for the whole range?  

I have tried the above link which tell me my VIN is not valid every time I enter it.

I cannot get this to work. I download the files then unzip to a flash drive, but when I try to install via the cars USB I get the following message "SIGN_ERR01",  the download instructions show a number of error messages, but not this one. Tried to download again, also using two different flash drives, but no good, anyone any thoughts please?

Does your stick look like this, if it does you should be ok the files in the sync my ride folder should look like the second picture im presuming you have updated the software to v3 before trying the maps update. Ate you using a 32gig or bigger stick.

031F9F75-2267-4437-A29D-50EC88608432.jpeg

image.jpg

I did the update yesterday from v2.2 to v3.0.

The file has about 2.7 GB. Download it to your PC and unzip it into your PC. You should have only 3 files (  Sync my ride folder with 8 folders inside, autoinstall.Ist and DONTINDX.MSA) and that's it .

The  usb needs to be formated to exfat and to have at least 32 GB just to be sure. (i RECOMMEND HAVING A usb WITH SOME SORT OF LIGHT INDICATOR).  Open it and drag and drop the 3 files into the USB without doing a folder or anything. DO NOT try to unzip these files. I will post a photo so you can see. 

After it's done, safe remove the usb and go to your car. Unplug and disconect all your devices, usb cables, usb with music, turn off bluetooth, and in the menu turn off auto updates.

START the car and when the screen is fully on plug the USB into the car. THE UPDATE HAS TO BE DONE WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING.

If you have a light indicator on your USB you can tell when it is working. On the screen you will see a prompt after about 2minutes just be patient. After about 5-8 min the system will reboot. 

When the system will restart, if you turned off automatic updates it will tell you....AUtomatic software updates ...or something like this, and you have to press NOT RIGHT NOW...do NOT press yes or no. AFter this it will continue to install.

It will finish in about 20-30 min. When it is done it will say finished instalation or along this lines. 

You are done.  Remove the stick turn off the car, get out, lock the car, wait about 2 min, enter the car and start the sync 3 and check the update version to see the version. Then go back to your pc, insert the usb and enter on fords webpage https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/ and press I have successfully instaled the software and it will ask you for a folder that sync installed on your usb in SYNC MY RIDE folder. On the bottom there will be a new file with your vin number at the end. That is the file.

Job done.

USB FILES.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks to you both, I have now managed to do the update, I could not have done it without you and pragmatix.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pragmatix said:

Does your stick look like this, if it does you should be ok the files in the sync my ride folder should look like the second picture im presuming you have updated the software to v3 before trying the maps update. Ate you using a 32gig or bigger stick.

031F9F75-2267-4437-A29D-50EC88608432.jpeg

image.jpg

Thank you for your help that has enabled me to complete the update

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club