Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fog light conversation

TangoDaz

Hi

my son is about to buy a fiesta style but has no fog lights has anyone fitted a set of fog lights and who hard was it to fit? It's a mk6 

Thanks in advance 

Darren 

Hi I fitted front fogs on my mk6 was pretty easy but was not cheap.... I had a fiesta studio with the tow part front bumper so had to buy a new lower section with the removable fog light grills, then had to buy the interior switch then obviously the foglights plus the brackets to fit them.... is it a pre facelift of a facelift fez?

why bother to fit front fog lights? having said that, there is one benefit, if a headlight bulb blows and you need to drive in the dark before fixing it , you can put the fog lights on so people coming towards you can see both sides of your car better as the sidelights on fiesta mk6.5 are pretty small and rubbish. My previous fiesta was mk6.5,  but apart from that I don't see the point in them

It's not for me it's for my 17 year old son so looks are everything lol

like father like son lol

It's not for me it's for my 17 year old son so looks are everything lol
like father like son lol
I do agree that the Mk6.5 with fogs looks much better! My Mk6 Finesse had a naff looking plastic bumper all the way round my 6.5 now (Zetec) has front and rear fogs and I think it looks awesome [emoji119][emoji119]

Maybe see if anyone is breaking a 6.5... I'm by no means an expert on things like this but perhaps you could just buy the fog unit and swap them over. If he's not bothered about them being functional then you wouldn't have to fiddle with wiring etc.

Sent from my Phantom6 using Tapatalk

Hi 

there are no fog lights fitted so I will need the loom and switches as well 

There is every chance that the loom will have been fitted and the plug taped up.... it was on mine, I’m not sure which side but if you go under the car and look up inside your wheel arches you will find it, then when you buy the fog lights there’s a loom attached between the two lights and the main loom, make sure you get that. Then all you have to do is fit them plug them in then swap over your interior headlight switch to one that has the front fog switch then voila, retro fitted front fogs.

• Like 1

Hi Alan

can you remember which side of the car the loom was underneath the wheel arch?

Hi sorry for the delay daz
I’m sure it was the passenger side where the wiring was hiding, it was a while ago I did the retrofit so not 100% certain though

Thanks Alan

its not for me it's for my son but looks like I've got the job of fitting them. 

There was one YouTube video of someone fitting it in. You might need to do modifications with the bumper so the fog light lens fits in. 

Fog lights instal

There was one YouTube video of someone fitting it in. You might need to do modifications with the bumper so the fog light lens fits in. 

The only modifying that is required is removing the blanking grills from his bumper then replacing them with the grills which hold the fogs
  • Like 1

Thanks Alan
its not for me it's for my son but looks like I've got the job of fitting them. 

Did you order that kit I forwarded onto you?

He never got back to me straight away ended up getting one from someone else but then had to get back in touch to get the covers and now waiting for a response about the loom.

Thanks anyway for all your help it is appreciated very much indeed 

• Like 1

Hi Alan

Have you ever changed the door mirrors from manual to electric?

Yes I have, I did that during my electric window conversion.

Hi alan

was the loom for the electric mirrors already there?

Unfortunately not but it’s not that difficult upgrading/replacing your loom if you are confident enough to strip your front doors down to the window regulator.... look at my electric window conversion guide on this forum which explains step by step on how to strip your doors, if you can do that then replacing the wiring is easy. It’s just the loom inside the doors that you’ll have to upgrade, the wiring from inside the car to the fuse box will already be in place.

Okay so there is a plug just inside the door that extends the loom in to the door its self that needs to be unplugged and replaced with a the new loom with the mirror wires.                                  I think I need to go to a breakers yard and have a good look at a car and see whats avalible?

Yes mate that’s exactly it if you want I will source the exact ones you need as there are lots of variations

thanks that would be great do you have any idea of the cost?

Think you’d be looking at about £20 per side then the mirrors on top of that so not a lot really
I’m working until 11pm tonight so will have a proper look tomorrow for you

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club