Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fog light conversation

TangoDaz

Is there anything to look out for or be careful with when taking the door card off? Going to do the driver side window regulator soon so don't want to accidentally break any clips. 

Just go easy and take your time, you may break a couple of clips from the door card, be careful when unclipping the lock mechanism

• Like 2

I used a hair dryer the heat up the plastic clip on the lock mechanism to help soften the plastic as I did brake the one on the passenger door. You could also use a trip clip tool to pop off the panel as well I borrowed one from a mate at work and found it worked very well. 

Good luck IMG_1879.thumb.PNG.237c6aa853d333ab1cbcf2a8d9ec0c97.PNG

• Like 1

Thanks for the compliment on the seats

it is a fair amount of work but well worth it in the end. Just take your time and be very careful when tackling the door release cable use a hair dryer to help soften the plastic clip 

Thanks Alan and Darren 👍. Don't know whever to get some spare clips incase any break off. Equipment wise my garage is just about like a mechanics garage so it has just about everything you need when doing work on a car. 

• Like 1

I got some extra clips myself but they are expensive if you get them from ford. 

• Like 1

Will see how it goes on. If any clips break I could give an offer if you don't have a need for those clips. Have to see when me and my dad have time. Christmas time the injectors may get sent off to be reconditioned. I get white smoke for about 3 seconds on start up plus it's a little lumpy on idling until it's driven for a few minutes. I have a suspicion diesel is dripping from the leaking injector into one of the cylinders. When the car is started after standing for several hours (mainly overnight) it smokes and idles rough but it starts perfectly not long after it's had a good drive. 

I'll see if I can find the clips tomorrow as off to the zoo today. Good luck with the windows let me know how you get on. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club