Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parrot Instalation Advice

WesleyNeary

Hi all

New to the forum, picking up a 2006 focus 1.8 tdci zetec climate tommorow. The first job i need to do is install my Parrot MK6000 bluetooth kit into the back of the stereo. I have ordered the stereo removal keys and a wiring loom to interface with the parrot and the ford 6000cd, was just wondering if anyone has installed either this kit or any other kit into a mk2 focus if so there are four

1-Where is the best place to fit the parrot blue box so it is out of the way, are there any cubby holes behind the radio?

2-What is the best route for the cabling to the remote control unit/Mic etc?

3-Obviously this involes unplugging the radio so i assume i will need a code, if so where do i find my code?

4-Any top tips for any problembs i am likely to encounter before i do?

Any advice is greatly appreciated and will post a photo guide for others when i am done

Thanks

Hi all

New to the forum, picking up a 2006 focus 1.8 tdci zetec climate tommorow. The first job i need to do is install my Parrot MK6000 bluetooth kit into the back of the stereo. I have ordered the stereo removal keys and a wiring loom to interface with the parrot and the ford 6000cd, was just wondering if anyone has installed either this kit or any other kit into a mk2 focus if so there are four

1-Where is the best place to fit the parrot blue box so it is out of the way, are there any cubby holes behind the radio?

3-Obviously this involes unplugging the radio so i assume i will need a code, if so where do i find my code?

Any advice is greatly appreciated and will post a photo guide for others when i am done

Thanks

You should find a code in your audio book which is supplied with your car, there should be plenty of room behind the stereo to cable tie the blue box to the car bulk head, i had mine fitted proffesionly after i took my radio out and seen how difficult it could be. they placed my parrot 3200 ls screen just under the radio.

Hi all

Thanks

I've just fitted a Mki9100 to my 05 plate Focus Ghia and can say it was the biggest pain ever! I may have got a larger than usual quadlock adapter as it did seem excessively big but replacing the radio took an age.

I put teh screen just above the radio (wire comming between surround and dash, looks quite neat I think. I also put the mic above the rear view mirrior, taking it along the top, down the passenger bulk head and behind glove box. Can't really tell it's there either. :)

I've just fitted a Mki9100 to my 05 plate Focus Ghia and can say it was the biggest pain ever! I may have got a larger than usual quadlock adapter as it did seem excessively big but replacing the radio took an age.

I put teh screen just above the radio (wire comming between surround and dash, looks quite neat I think. I also put the mic above the rear view mirrior, taking it along the top, down the passenger bulk head and behind glove box. Can't really tell it's there either. :)

Couldnt agree more, I got the mic wires and the remote wires in fine in similar positions to you and got everything else done in about an hour once i eventually got the stereo out, and then 2 hours and lots of grazed knuckles trying to reinsert the stereo with new cabling installed.

My advice to anyone after an after market bluetooth kit would be to buy a new headunit with bluetooth built for about a 100 pounds and save your knuckles but thanks for the tips guys.

Couldnt agree more, I got the mic wires and the remote wires in fine in similar positions to you and got everything else done in about an hour once i eventually got the stereo out, and then 2 hours and lots of grazed knuckles trying to reinsert the stereo with new cabling installed.

My advice to anyone after an after market bluetooth kit would be to buy a new headunit with bluetooth built for about a 100 pounds and save your knuckles but thanks for the tips guys.

I found that it worked best pluggint the radio in last, as you could position the cabling loom with quadlock adapter a bit easier. Could have been fluke of course.

Make sure you've got the aerial connected before fitting, as I managed to fit mine in to find radio didnt work cos I hadnt reconnected the antennae :( back to the start.

Has anyone found a way of securely attaching the screen to dashboard? Mine keeps unsticking, so need to find soemthing sticky enough