Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Yellow headlight tint

zetec Adam

Yeah you can have yellow at the front.  Yellow fogs look good and are pretty common.  Personally wouldn't do the headlights though, the light output will be reduced, it's not actually illegal though.

*clears throat* FLY EYE FLY EYE FLY EYE [emoji12]

Sent from my Phantom6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry but I....[baaaawwwk]...don't feel very...[baaaawwwk]...well, I maybe ate...[baaaawwwk]...something funny...[baaaawwwk]...

• Like 1

If an MOT tester was in a rubbish mood when checking the car then it could get a fail, same goes for a road traffic bobby, they could give you a hard time. I've been told, so can't claim this to be [emoji817]% true that your headlights must remain the same colour as they left the factory. So white to stay white and red to stay red. My brake light flashes with my indicator, so if I'm indicating right my right brake light also flashes. The left brake light and high level brake light remain steady and vice versa, not sure of the legalities. Clive, what is the law on this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flashing brake lights are an MoT fail.
Do they do this on purpose or do you have a fault?
If it's a fault then probably an earthing error in the tail light cluster.
If on purpose did you fit a module to cause it?
I know some cars come with flashing brake lights from factory but only activate under heavy braking (a la emergency stop). I believe some BMW models do this but as this is EU type approved it supercedes any UK laws.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There is no fault, you can code it using Forscan. It's the setting for the US Fusion. It actually makes the indication more visible. I plan to change it back to standard though, I only modified the block to see it if it would activate a sequential type flash.
I wasn't sure if the brake lights on the Mk5 Mondeo flash under heavy braking, I know the hazard warning lights flsah

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My friend has a Mini Clubman (essentially a BMW that goes to Slimming World) and his brake lights flash under 'emergency braking' - I think this is activated when the ABS is or when speed drops a large amount in a short space of time.

• Like 1

My friend has a Mini Clubman (essentially a BMW that goes to Slimming World) and his brake lights flash under 'emergency braking' - I think this is activated when the ABS is or when speed drops a large amount in a short space of time.
Best description of a Clubman I've ever heard! [emoji108][emoji16]

Sent from my Phantom6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've seen a motorbike with a flashing brake light, made it more obvious it was braking. Obviously an aftermarket addition and illegal though. 

• Like 1

It does make it much easier to see that 'something' is going on but what? Your first thought would be that it was an indicator not a brake light.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club