Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What fuse to use for dash cam installation

Hudz2017

my camera has been working for months, buggered if I can remember where its plugged in but ill check and get back to you.

Its not hard to work out though. turn the engine off, leave it for half an hour (dont lock the doors) then go back and see which fuses are not live. turn the ignition on, if it lights up you have your ignition on. the ones that didn't turn off, are your battery on.

I have the same issue, looks like i have it in the wrong fuse cos it does not go off after 15 mins, have a better look and sort it out, I fitted it wrong and it cost me £130 at main dealer to fix the ***** fuse I blow (i didnt test them right) lesson learnt. Amy way looks like I will be turning the book upside down and fix it right I have to manually turn it off at the min. 

On 9/11/2018 at 3:16 PM, 1979Damian said:

Good old Ford! :wallbash:

Thanks I will give it a look, and get back

Yeah turn the book upside down, I had the High beam fuse turn the book the other way round and you get the cigaret lighter fuse, its a blue one,  goes off after you lock the car comes back on when you unlock it, works great thanks for the tip.

• 8 months later...

Can someone please confirm what type of piggyback connector is required when using  a fuse from the passenger side glovebox?

That's great, thanks for your help.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 11/7/2017 at 2:57 PM, Hellboy said:

I used the fuse that feeds the esp. Comes on with ignition and goes off. Works well. I would tell you which one it is but I think my book is different so I just pulled out every fuse until it worked.

On 8/24/2018 at 9:39 PM, Keith Burnett said:

Use F3 ESP 7.5A Brown in the Central Fuse Box.

Third fuse down from the top on the right row of fuses.

*TOP TIP* Turn your book upside down for UK spec.

Goes ON when press the START button and goes OFF when I press the START button when turn off the car.

All the other Fuses uses power when the car is unlocked or door opened and goes off after 15 minutes after the car is stopped or locked.

Thanks for this guy's I used the esp one Fuse 19 7.5amps with mini fuse tap.

One question though, I put two 7.5amp fuse on the "tap" and the other end has an inline 10amp which connects to a cigarette port adapter for the cigarette lighter charger. Do I need two 7.5amp fuse or will one be enough? Or just leaving it there will it cause any issues? 

Now to try and find the reverse light wire (green with trace of brown) I've been told on a mk4 Mondeo hatchback 64 plate. The flexible trim in the boot passenger side doesn't want to budge. Removed 2 screws but still stuck fast -_- 

• 2 years later...
On 10/26/2017 at 1:15 PM, richysb said:

You might have already sorted this but I have mine connected to fuse 10 behind the glove box which supplies the sun roof (not fitted on mine so no fuse). This is switched with the ignition..

I have tried the lighter socket, the electric sunroof fuse (don't have a sunroof but the fuse was still in place) and a couple of others.  The dashcam stays on all the time (set a timer for 30 minutes each time I tried a different fuse).

Any one else have the same problem in finding a 'hot on start' fuse and not an 'always on' one???

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone, i know this thread was about finding a fuse that only turns on with the ignition, but is anyone able to point me in the right direction for one has constant power?

I have a 2016 (66 plate) mondeo and it appears the cigarette lighter fuse (which i have used on other cars previously) is in the engine bay fuse box and not the passenger side, so i'm not sure which one to use now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club