Do Not Sell My Personal Information

easy way to increase bhp?

markus250

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a 1.4 duratec engined Fiesta ghia in the next month or so and was wondering if there is an easy way to increase the bhp without expensive mods etc.

I understand that the standard 1.4 is around 80bhp?

Having owned mg rovers for some time, i know that on their cars some of the 1.4 engines are 83bhp and others are 105bhp, and that to increase the 83bhp car upto 105bhp is just a case of swapping the throttle body and accelerator cable for that from the higher bhp vehicle.

Is there anything like this on the ford engine or is it far more complicated?!

Thanks in advance,

Mark :)

Welcome to FOC markus.

Very easy way - buy the 1.6 :lol:

We haven't got too many 1.4 owners here, but I don't remember seeing any tricks like this mentioned before.

Intresting, I have been thinking about the same about my 1.6 focus, I wonder how much difference a de cat pipe would make also are Sports coil packs available for modern cars, I remember seeing them years ago.

I would love the 1.6 but its the fiesta shape around 2004-2005 i'm looking at and finding a 1.6 that isn't automatic is like finding rocking horse poo!

The 1.4 we have test driven though so far is very quick...we have problems with the mg ZR we have at the moment and i think its struggling to find 50bhp let alone the 105 its supposed to have!

I guess i can check when i have the car. On the MG Rovers the way to check is to remove the throttle body and see if the butterfly valve in it opens all the way or not...pretty simple stuff.

Cheers guys!

Mark

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a 1.4 duratec engined Fiesta ghia in the next month or so and was wondering if there is an easy way to increase the bhp without expensive mods etc.

I understand that the standard 1.4 is around 80bhp?

Having owned mg rovers for some time, i know that on their cars some of the 1.4 engines are 83bhp and others are 105bhp, and that to increase the 83bhp car upto 105bhp is just a case of swapping the throttle body and accelerator cable for that from the higher bhp vehicle.

Is there anything like this on the ford engine or is it far more complicated?!

Thanks in advance,

Mark :)

May well be something simple like that. The 1.4 was de-tuned for the MK6 to meet emissions - although my wife has a 57 plate 1.4 and it's a wee flyer ! The Mk7 1.4 is the same engine but is 96PS, so there is definatly scope for improvement, as Ford have done it themselves.

Welcome to the club.

I have 2008, mk 6.5, 14i. and most of the time its driven quite normally, but on the occation i do need to (put my toenails through the radiator) it goes like a bat with its bum on fire,but i guess you will need to take into consideration the ammount of milage it has already done.

Also check out the front suspension springs as some have snapped or have corrosion wear (causing them to snap) and drop down on the front tyres (see other threads in F.O.C history)

so best of luck but i really wouldnt bother too much as the Fiesta is a lot lighter than the Rover/MG so power to weight ratio should be about the same (she says reading from book)........ :lol:

Kristal

I had no idea the fiesta was lighter than an mgzr...the fiesta is HUGE in comparison!!!!

Cheers for all the info...i'll be looking at differences between the 80bhp and 96bhp engines in the future then! :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club