Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk3 speedo miles change

Tommo17

Hi. Changing my instrument cluster for a one with higher miles on. Anybody know a way for me to knock 15k miles off to match my current. Local ford dealer said they can’t help me. 

Thanks guys i have faith faith one of you can help me. 

what mileage and petrol or diesel. theres a few on eBay. seen one with 8 k on

rechecked, err, was for a 2015 onwards. keep looking.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tommo17 said:

Anybody know a way for me to knock 15k miles off to match my current.

Forscan can increase mileage, like when fitting a new cluster, or a low mileage one. I think It is a legal requirement to do this!

But reducing mileage is much harder. Winding it up to all 9s has been tried (on a spare cluster!), it just stuck there.

Some companies claim they can sell you stuff or services to do it, but it is expensive, and I am not sure I trust them, it is all marginally legal (if at all). Of course it would be ideal for a crook who has lots of clusters to re-wind! Ian's suggestion of searching out a low mileage one would be cheaper.

For interest only, see: http://www.obdtester.com/fcom-odometer-correction

Yea seen that mate. It’s petrol. I bought one last night had 37k on mine has 33k so thought I’ll keep it till it matches but then they rang and said the description was wrong it’s a diesel one. So got a refund. Quite a few on but for 2014 or above. And not a single mk3 focus in my 3 local scrap yards. Typical. 

I do have a genuine reason to change one though.....so it actually matches the car lol. 

Like most Ford specific diagnostic systems the Ford IDS and FRDS diagnostic system can only adjust the mileage upwards. Adjusting the mileage downwards is not possible.

However it is possible to also adjust the mileage downwards but it is not easy

I succesfully managed to adjust the mileage downwards  by using the Ford IDS diagnostic system and an ELM327 interface with a terminal client. I used this method several times on a few different Focus MK3 instrument clusters.

Qg8XUqq.jpg

When I bought this USA Level 3 instrument cluster I converted the mileage to KM. The speedometer reading was 24759 KM.

84XfQc7.jpg

Next I reprogrammed the mileage to 100 KM.

8YQtn1v.jpg

The Ford IDS diagnostic system confirms that the mileage is indeed changed to 100 KM.

T0cBJkh.jpg

vjo2HJ4.jpg

Afterwards I adjusted the mileage upwards to match the mileage of my car exactly.

12 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

Like most Ford specific diagnostic systems the Ford IDS and FRDS diagnostic system can only adjust the mileage upwards. Adjusting the mileage downwards is not possible.

However it is possible to also adjust the mileage downwards but it is not easy

I succesfully managed to adjust the mileage downwards  by using the Ford IDS diagnostic system and an ELM327 interface with a terminal client. I used this method several times on a few different Focus MK3 instrument clusters.

Qg8XUqq.jpg

When I bought this USA Level 3 instrument cluster I converted the mileage to KM. The speedometer reading was 24759 KM.

84XfQc7.jpg

Next I reprogrammed the mileage to 100 KM.

8YQtn1v.jpg

The Ford IDS diagnostic system confirms that the mileage is indeed changed to 100 KM.

T0cBJkh.jpg

vjo2HJ4.jpg

Afterwards I adjusted the mileage upwards to match the mileage of my car exactly.

Not something I could do then?