Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus MK2 2006 AC NOT WORKING!!!

aliislekzade

Hi,

My MK2 2006 Focus, aircon not engage, but cooling fan is working when push ac button.

i checked fuses under glove box and bonnet , all off them were fine,

i checked gas pressure is ok.

i checked pressure sensors, low and high pressure were fine.

when i push ac button, lamp will on, and cooling fan is starting to turn under bonnet, but ac compressor not turninig !!! and there is no electric is comming ac compressor cable plug !!!

IS THERE ANY CONNECTION PLUG ON THE CABLE WHICH IS BETWEEN AC COMPRESSOR AND PCM ECU ???

i checked car dtc with FORSCAN software, but there is no fault code, please help.

2 hours ago, aliislekzade said:

IS THERE ANY CONNECTION PLUG ON THE CABLE WHICH IS BETWEEN AC COMPRESSOR AND PCM ECU

The PCM drives the ac relay coil. This then goes via C90 (the big connector in the Engine Fuse Box or FJB) to the solenoid.

The pressure sensors / switches are connected to the PCM.

The wiring diagram is on this site (Mk2 & Mk2a are very similar except for PJB fuse numbers!):

ac-wire1.PNG

ac-wire2.PNG

• 9 months later...

Hi i fixed my aircon , (i changed hi pressure switch and aircon pump clutch) and its working great since yesterday.

so what happened yesterday?

my car(ford focus mk2 2006 tivct 1.6) was under sun, and wheather is 40'(at shadow) in my country (very hot). When i started my car and after 30 seconds i switch on ac but there is coming hot air and no connection aircon clutch. then i wait nearly 5 minutes and its doesnt work. and when i was driving my car aircon starting to work . how it could be ?

this happened maybe fifth time, from yesterday to today. but its working, when i take my car under the shadow. but its not working when i take my car under the sun...

what did happen under the sun ??? car was wait about 5 hour under the sun . is there any sensor that was working bad from hot weather (sun)? where can i look ?? please help , thank you :)

11 hours ago, aliislekzade said:

hen i wait nearly 5 minutes and its doesnt work. and when i was driving my car aircon starting to work .

One of the pressure switches or sensors can detect too high a pressure, that can be caused by the condenser (in the front) being too hot. Then moving air will cool it down, so it can operate properly.

You could check if the fan is still running when the A/C is on. But I suspect it is normal operation for it to not operate if too hot. Once running, and some of the refrigerant is liquid, then it should stay running.

9 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

One of the pressure switches or sensors can detect too high a pressure, that can be caused by the condenser (in the front) being too hot. Then moving air will cool it down, so it can operate properly.

You could check if the fan is still running when the A/C is on. But I suspect it is normal operation for it to not operate if too hot. Once running, and some of the refrigerant is liquid, then it should stay running.

fan is starting to work when i switch on ac. but clutch not engage. but i need ac in hot weather :( , outside temp is 40' and inside of car is maybe 50-60 degree  :( too much hot. i cant dirive it :( my car is black and inside of car is black , it is very hot under the sun.

is this operation normal in hot weathers ?? if its normal that you said. i will park my car to shadow. and try ac again today.

20 hours ago, aliislekzade said:

weather is 40'(at shadow) in my country

As a matter of curiosity which country are you in? You posted your location as London.

Peter, surely AC systems will have been designed to cope with high temperatures in overseas locations?

Just now, mjt said:

As a matter of curiosity which country are you in? You posted your location as London.

Peter, surely AC systems will have been designed to cope with high temperatures in overseas locations?

i live in Cyprus now. i bought my car from London 9 years ago. Cyprus is very very hot island.

Ok, so that might answer the question I posed to Peter. If yours is a UK spec car it could possibly have a different AC system from one intended for an overseas market. That's just a guess, maybe someone else could offer some insight on this.

You might consider editing your profile location to Non-UK.

• Like 2

when i drive my car at higher rpm, between 3000 - 4000 rpm , aircon clutch engaged and its worked. but when i slowing its not working, is it about the clutch ??? because yesterday i checked the pump socket, and power is ok. (before there is no power) but its just engaged in higher rpm now. 

where is the problem ? the clutch ??

On 7/17/2018 at 10:03 AM, aliislekzade said:

between 3000 - 4000 rpm , aircon clutch engaged and its worked. but when i slowing its not working, is it about the clutch?

It seems a bit odd if it was the clutch. If it was trying to engage but slipping, at that speed it would get extremely hot and burn out or get worse very quickly.

The a/c electromagnetic clutch should either be on or off, it is not designed to slip. Even the main transmission clutch only has a very limited slip time capability before it overheats.

I think there would be a burning smell or smoke from the area after any appreciable use if if was slipping.

It ideally needs more monitoring of the electric power going to the clutch, I suspect this is still where the problem lies. Either the pressure sensor is tripping out the system at times, or there could be a connection problem.

This engine uses a transducer in the high pressure a/c pipe, not a pressure switch, which does, unfortunately, make diagnosis harder.

• 1 year later...