Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DPF question

cdo1uk

I have a Focus 1.6 TDCi Titanium (110) 2005 model and have heard of ones with and without DPF systems on this year. how can i tell if mine has it or not, as i have been told it will say Euro4 if not or Euro5 if i have on the Log book, and the log book dosent say either......

thanks

I have a Focus 1.6 TDCi Titanium (110) 2005 model and have heard of ones with and without DPF systems on this year. how can i tell if mine has it or not, as i have been told it will say Euro4 if not or Euro5 if i have on the Log book, and the log book dosent say either......

thanks

With Volvo's and I suspect with Fords, look at the Vin number and if 8th character is a 5 it's got a DPF as its Euro 5 compliant, if its a four it hasn't.

Plus you could also check the maintenance schedule on the FordEtis website Vehicle Look up Just follow the instructions, to the page where you can download the maintenance schedules. That year of vehicle if it has a DPF, it will be the type that needs the additive tank replenishing every 36k or on the 3rd annual service, and the DPF it's self being replaced every 6th year.

My Volvo S40 2.0D SE [ Ford /Volvo share the same engines]service schedule was annual or every 12.5K. Meaning 37.5k service replenish additive, 75K service replace DPF, and replenish additive, 112.5K service replenish additive, 150K service replace DPF and replenish additive....and so on

With Volvo's and I suspect with Fords, look at the Vin number and if 8th character is a 5 it's got a DPF as its Euro 5 compliant, if its a four it hasn't.

Plus you could also check the maintenance schedule on the FordEtis website Vehicle Look up Just follow the instructions, to the page where you can download the maintenance schedules. That year of vehicle if it has a DPF, it will be the type that needs the additive tank replenishing every 36k or on the 3rd annual service, and the DPF it's self being replaced every 6th year.

My Volvo S40 2.0D SE [ Ford /Volvo share the same engines]service schedule was annual or every 12.5K. Meaning 37.5k service replenish additive, 75K service replace DPF, and replenish additive, 112.5K service replenish additive, 150K service replace DPF and replenish additive....and so on

thanks guys, thats an interesting web site.... the 8th character is a "c"..... not helping much :-)

the 8th character is a "c"..... not helping much :-)

yes, I've just looked at my Vin and that character is a "p"

Never mind, there is always Plan B.......call your local Ford dealer/ Ford parts supplier, give them your Vin and they will be able to tell you. It was a parts supplier on the Volvo website that checked mine out for me.

yes, I've just looked at my Vin and that character is a "p"

Never mind, there is always Plan B.......call your local Ford dealer/ Ford parts supplier, give them your Vin and they will be able to tell you. It was a parts supplier on the Volvo website that checked mine out for me.

i will do that, thanks for your help

i will do that, thanks for your help

went into a Ford dealer today and asked if i had this filter or not, and no.... i dont.

went into a Ford dealer today and asked if i had this filter or not, and no.... i dont.

Well that's great news, as servicing the renewable DPF filter over a 6 year cycle would have added at least a £100 annually to your service bill. [2 x Elloys oil top up and a filter replacement]

You jammy sod :P

Well that's great news, as servicing the renewable DPF filter over a 6 year cycle would have added at least a £100 annually to your service bill. [2 x Elloys oil top up and a filter replacement]

You jammy sod :P

i know, i was so pleased

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club