Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre life

NeilRS

I’m on about 15500 miles and the fronts are looking low now (about 2.5 - 3) so going to put some Grabber GT’s on next week. The backs are better with 5ish but will change them all anyway. To be honest, with an AWD I like at least 4mm all round especially in adverse weather. 

• 1 month later...

Hi All

From my previous report at 10250, my tyres have worn some. But also showing another potential problem.

Now at 13500 miles I have even wear on O/S/F, N/S/R, O/S/R but N/S/F showing definate signs of wheel tracking being out.

My car has not been "Kerbed" whilst I have been driving it, the tyre pressures are all correct having been regularly checking them, so am going to dealers to see what they think.

Will let you know what they say.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Well currently on 15000 miles, will share the feedback.

On 30/03/2018 at 9:38 AM, DavesEdge said:

Hi All

From my previous report at 10250, my tyres have worn some. But also showing another potential problem.

Now at 13500 miles I have even wear on O/S/F, N/S/R, O/S/R but N/S/F showing definate signs of wheel tracking being out.

My car has not been "Kerbed" whilst I have been driving it, the tyre pressures are all correct having been regularly checking them, so am going to dealers to see what they think.

Will let you know what they say.

Dave

Hi All

Dealers were unsure of this one, they did not really want to look at tyre in question. Also they did not have replacement tyre in stock.

I then went to my local trusted tyre fitters, who told me when I questioned them that they are seeing a lot of tyre wear similar to what I had.

This is from the weight of the car, coupled with power steering and roundabouts etc, the tendancy to over steer whilst stationary, or nearly stationary creating a scrubbing action.

Though also with my car it was the worst they had seen.

I had both front tyres changed whilst at tyre fitters (just to be on the safe side).

I took the worn trye back to dealers, left it with them pending warrenty claim, not sure I will get anywhere though. But if I don't try I won't know.

Dave

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club