Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fuming ...

landy39

Ok first off ..... hi guys been awhile but i've been poorly ...... anyway to matters in hand .... i bought a Mk3 2011 ford focus 1.6 tdci,but it in for the timing belt and water pump to be done ..... picked car up just now and the traction control and stop start lights are on along with engine malfunction service light ..... when into the garage to tell them ..... wait for it .... it must of been on when you brought the car in ....... i blew my top and said no car was fine no lights etc ..... then the spanner monkey pipes up  .... oh yeah we code read it and it say's cam sensor is faulty ....... the parts place can't get one till friday ..... but it's fine to drive.bring it back then and we'll sort it out ......... so my question is ...... is he right or is it something else ..... ?

any input would be grateful.

cheers tony

I'm afraid I can't help with whether the cam sensor is actually faulty but I would think that would end up with quite a lumpy engine through the rev range?

My issue would be that

1) they tried to lie to you about the lights being there

2) they have obviously caused the problem that has caused the lights to be there and

3) if they code read it (which they usually don't do without charging you) then they should have told you there was a cam sensor problem before carrying out the work you asked them to do.

I would argue that they have caused the problem as there were no emls on before taking it in. I would demand a reduction in the work they have done as it obviously hasn't been carried out professionally and I would also argue that if indeed there is a further problem then they should rectify at their cost. In fact I would go so far as to insist the work is carried out at another garage and they pay for it, as they are obviously not professional and also can't be trusted since they lied to you.

If they refuse, threaten with trading standards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ooohhh it's going back in the morning bud ....... and i'm not picking it up till it's right ...... and not paying a penny ..... what hacked me was this garage is run and owned by a friend of mine,he never done the job one of his spanner monkeys did,and my friend was not there when i went to pick the car up, i had to take the car "as it was" due to me been disabled  and needed to get home ..12 mile from the garage ...... the more i drive it the lumpier the tick over gets ..... anything over 1000 rpm and the car drives sweet,but the lights etc stay on.

they have damaged the sensor doing the timing belt. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

yep.... just plugged my comp in and code read it ....... P0335:38-2E ....... P0556:00-2E these were in the PCM and U0401:00-68 in the ABS

• Like 1

Update ...... car back with the garage ..... been there since Tuesday ...... and only now(today) are they going to get a ford crankshaft sensor,after trying 3 after market units which failed to start the engine ..... and according to the manger of the garage the other faults that show are linked to the faulty crankshaft sensor ...... is it possible.

• Like 1

Well phoned the garage dealing with the car ,they have replaced the crank shaft sensor but the stop start button is still lit up and the light with a car with skid lines behind it is lit up ...... they are now waiting for  auto electric's to have a look at it.

2 hours ago, landy39 said:

Well phoned the garage dealing with the car ,they have replaced the crank shaft sensor but the stop start button is still lit up and the light with a car with skid lines behind it is lit up ...... they are now waiting for  auto electric's to have a look at it.

Traction control is the ‘light with a car with skid lines’

• Thanks 1

Doesn't the stop start have to be reset after the battery has been off?

Can't see anything they could've damaged for the traction control doing the cambelt though.

• Thanks 1

stop start light and traction control can iluminate when theres an unrelated fault present.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, iantt said:

stop start light and traction control can iluminate when theres an unrelated fault present.

but they weren't on when it went in to the garage  ...... car was fine with no lights on and running sweet ..... only went in because i'd reached 100,000 mile and wanted the cam belt doing.

when i mean unrelated, i mean that fault may not be stop/start or traction control. but obviously still relateed to what they have done

• Thanks 1

Well after a week of having my car the garage finally think what's up with my car ........ the sensor plate behind the the bottom pulley has a chunk missing .... how this was missed is beyond me .... so now they are awaiting a replacement.

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

No wonder the new crank sensors didn't work then... :laugh: 

so true bud ...they have had 3 other mechie's look at it and they all missed it ,plus a sparkie to look at the wiring just incase ...... fingers crossed it sorted soon.

Update ...... got car back all running sweet and sound........Happy days.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club