TomsFocus

Basic Cambelt Change Guide - Mk2.5 Focus 1.6 TDCi

Perfect get what you mean now. Got a doner car to test on so can be confident when I do on my own. If it goes pop i will take mine to garage Haha. Thats confidence for ya 😂. Thankyou for this great guide. Makes the job look so easy. Cant wait to get stuck in. 👍 

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:
6 hours ago, ricky1989 said:

As long as it lines up eventually it's alright...  I hope you're good at ratios... :wink:  The cam and crank will line up every 2nd rotation, but the fuel pump is only every 3*.  So the first time they'll all line up is on the 6th rotation.  You're meant to do it twice so that makes it 12 times.  You'll lose count before then anyway. :laugh:

*Or if your name's Albert, the fuel pump never lined up at all 😄 

5 hours ago, ricky1989 said:

Perfect get what you mean now. Got a doner car to test on so can be confident when I do on my own. If it goes pop i will take mine to garage Haha. Thats confidence for ya 😂. Thankyou for this great guide. Makes the job look so easy. Cant wait to get stuck in. 👍 

If I can do it, you can definitely!  Good luck!

Completed the cam belt change today on the 1.4 tdci doner car had a few swearing moments. But was the best feeling when it started first time. Bliss. Thankyou so much for this guide just saved me over 400 quid took me about 6 hours in total doing alot of breaking off for dinner, drinks and searching for parts. Bought a 12mm drill bit for the flywheel and grinded it down but still wouldnt fit as I realised some same size drill bits have different size shafts 😂 (wasted 5er) also broke my grinder disk so couldn't cut anything else down to size lol. Luckily after some searching found a bolt that fit so snug. Got soaked in coolant Haha. But I'm now wiser and more confident to tackle the 1.6zs tdci.

Cheers guys 👍