Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Selling a car....Best place.....

jace1969

Which way is the best place to sell a cheap car but not going to cost a lot to sell.

I have got my brothers little Clio 1.2 16v  54reg (2005)to sell as its stuck on our back and only just had the cambelt etc done and only 60k,i got it m.o.t'd  September.

Put it on classified on eBay but just prats say there coming and nothing,5 times now so was looking at the old ''card in shop window'' or any good ''we will buy any car'' places.

Tried one and i just laughed at £150,any places that you think is good or have had good response what you have sold stuff,they go for £800 to £1000 area on ebay/papers.

Autotrader is currently free for cars under £1000, might be worth a try.  Gumtree is good for cheap cars but you do have to wade through all the daft offers and timewasters on there sometimes.

6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Autotrader is currently free for cars under £1000, might be worth a try.  Gumtree is good for cheap cars but you do have to wade through all the daft offers and timewasters on there sometimes.

Cheers mate,are these both all done online like set up an account an stuff.

16 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Both online yeah.  Isn't everything online these days? :laugh: 

Your right there,no good old write the add out.

On 10/8/2017 at 3:22 PM, TomsFocus said:

Cheers mate for Telling me Autotrader,put it on at 1 a few days ago and sold it on the same night,left a deposit and came to get it last night.

Ended the listing this morning on Autotrader as i had 2 more calls the same day so a big thanks as would not of looked at Autotrader.

You're welcome.  Autotrader does give you a huge audience and relatively few time-wasters.  Bit of a shame it costs so much for more expensive cars but when it's free under a grand I really can't fault it.  Glad you've sold it. :smile:

• Thanks 1