Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Titanium X

sproutdreamer

Hi

New on here so please be gentle with me as the last Ford I owned was a long, long time ago -  a 3.0 L Granada!

I am wanting a Focus 12/14 and particularly wanting the latest headlighting features such as Bi Xenon or LED headlights and Adaptive Headlights or possibly Cornering Lights. I was looking at Mondeos but the Focus is a bigger car than it used to be so perhaps a Focus. Am I correct in thinking that Titanium X is the level of trim that will have these features and was there a date or facelift when these things became standard?

Also I want an automatic but I do not know anything about the Ford auto box - is it a traditional hydraulic torque converter type or some sort of manual box with an auto clutch?

Thanks in anticipation of some info.

Titanium X would be the level that has the HIDs (Bi Xenon)/Adaptive lighting/Cornering lights yes. It also comes with LED day running lights, and LED tail lights if you get the HID (Bi Xenon)

On the MK3.5 the "Bi xenon" are actually all done with one bulb as opposed to xenon headlights, and halogen main beam as it is on the MK3.

Regarding the "auto box" I'm not sure if Ford do any of the old type "slush box" gearboxes anymore.  Like most manufacturers these days they seem to have moved towards the wonderfully unreliable (in some cases) dual clutch type (think VW's DSG system as a principle).  Although the DCT450 box which is in the larger engined cars is seemingly a lot more reliable than the DCT250.

I'm sure others will be along to advise what engines can be specced with the more robust DCT450 box.  (I believe if you got for diesel with Powershift it can only be the DCT450 box, not sure on the petrol engines).

9 hours ago, 1979Damian said:

I'm sure others will be along to advise what engines can be specced with the more robust DCT450 box.  (I believe if you got for diesel with Powershift it can only be the DCT450 box, not sure on the petrol engines)

I've read here that the 2 litre petrol also has the DCT450 box.

2 hours ago, trailertrash said:

I've read here that the 2 litre petrol also has the DCT450 box.

That wouldn’t be at all surprised, I doubt the dct250 could cope with the 2 litre petrol output with having a meltdown! :wallbash:

Titanium X on Mk3 also comes with part leather seats, park assist and (possibly optional) ridiculous 18" thin 5 spoke alloys to give a harsh ride and show off the drums and tiny discs if you choose a small engine lol.  Why ruin a comfort spec model with those wheels Ford?

There aren't many Xs about tbh, even less with an auto box.  I was looking for Xs earlier this year without much luck.

Yummy ! and its all mine. There are a few around but not many in this colour. Bought in Liverpool, non in Scotland.

IMG_0876.JPG

• Like 1

I'm liking the pearlescent blue, I've started seeing as few more kicking about recently, although it's still a pretty rare colour.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club