Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

windscreen crack

celticrsmith

hi

ive got about a 30cm crack on my fiesta. we have the heated screen so was wondering how to go about getting it replaced? do ford do screen warrantys that i may have signed up to upon ordering? or the dealer?

or is it a case of replacing it via my insurance and pay the £50 excess? will they charge more as its 'heated'?

thanks

Most insurers now have windscreen cover included on a standard policy :unsure: , check your policy or with insurer - if so you can get it replaced FOC (free of charge). Autoglass is the place to go (I have no connection) they stock ford heated windscreens. Just be sure you check the elements after fitting to make sure none are damaged - especially in drivers line of vision (use a steaming kettle to test) - if it's bad Autoglass should replace.

hi

ive got about a 30cm crack on my fiesta. we have the heated screen so was wondering how to go about getting it replaced? do ford do screen warrantys that i may have signed up to upon ordering? or the dealer?

or is it a case of replacing it via my insurance and pay the £50 excess? will they charge more as its 'heated'?

thanks

i am waiting on autoglass to call back. tbh im not overly joyed with them doing it as the last time we went there, they replaced our seat ibiza's screen.....and left glue marks over the car......and knocked the air filter off......and left the scuttle panel loose........and damaged the wipers!! was not a happy bunny and a letter of complaint was submitted to their head office after the branch manager was a total prick about it!!

anyways, when they call back i shall see how much it will cost but im convinced that we will get it almost FOC........Fingers crossed anyways

oh, will i physically be able to see any element damage or is steam the best way?

thanks

No, the element threads are too fine to see damaged ones with the naked eye. The steaming kettle has been recommeded to me.

Yes I know of a repair job that left a gap in the windscreeen glue allowing air to whistle up into the cabin. But my experience has been good.

ioh, will i physically be able to see any element damage or is steam the best way?

thanks

i had a chip filled by autoglass the other day, its actually more noticable since they filled it, is this normal?

i had a chip filled by autoglass the other day, its actually more noticable since they filled it, is this normal?

probably not. i personally find Autoglass to be a bunch of cowboys!

I had a new windscreen fitted by them on my old van. Perfect job. No complaints. They do a lot round this area and never heard anything bad.

They filled mine also and it is very noticable, very distracting. Might of been ok had they not sealed there oily finger print in it!!!!

is it normal to still see it then? there online video is very misleading if this is the case.

ive never had a chip filled but my impression, according to the visual aspect of the tv advert, was that there would be no mark left. is this the case? you'd have been better sticking a dolop of silicone in yourself if thats the case......

oh, i called Autoglass just after 9am this morning, i was informed that someone would call me back within 2hours. 5hours later and still no call (and yes, i called them an hour ago to ask wtf was going on?!)

oh, i called Autoglass just after 9am this morning, i was informed that someone would call me back within 2hours. 5hours later and still no call (and yes, i called them an hour ago to ask wtf was going on?!)

:ph34r: you dont work for crsmith do you? lol

That add got heavy air-time this side of water.

Never was convinced about the silicone repair - felt it was an appeasement to the insurance companies (who don't like paying out for anything).

Yeah it must slow the crack growing but man it's got to be just as distracting.

:ph34r: you dont work for crsmith do you? lol

yes, i could maybe replace it myself with a conservatory door? lol

no, im a celtic fan, followed by my name R Smith ;-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club