Do Not Sell My Personal Information

reversing sensors

pouly

hi

took my car to dealers this morning as reversing sensors i had fitted kept going off when nothing behind me upon checking them he said it was their fault the guy fitted them facing upward, asked them to check hand brake very poor and they say there is no adjustment on the mk7 fiesta, have to pull it up to7 notches, well stretched cable, also anybody having condensation in their rear lights they have to order me two new ones,

booked in again for replacements and sensors to be painted have a goodday :(

hi

took my car to dealers this morning as reversing sensors i had fitted kept going off when nothing behind me upon checking them he said it was their fault the guy fitted them facing upward, asked them to check hand brake very poor and they say there is no adjustment on the mk7 fiesta, have to pull it up to7 notches, well stretched cable, also anybody having condensation in their rear lights they have to order me two new ones,

booked in again for replacements and sensors to be painted have a goodday :(

Sorry for the late reply,but had to registra first.Reguards to the hand brake .You were told wrong.The handbreak adjuster is under the boot that is round the handbreak lever.To get at it you have to remove part of the centre consul,then remove a locking clip then wind down the nut to set the lever to the amount of notches you require the lever to be pulled up.It should take about half an hour to do. If you are not mechanically minded then a garage will have to do it.I had the same problem with my new Tetanium TDCI 1.4.Sea Grey but I had spent all my working life at a Ford dealers untill I retired 2yrs ago. So I done my own adjustment.I served a 5 year Apprenticeship at a Ford Dealer in London then moved south to another Dealer where I was Foreman for many years.Finished my last few years with a easy job at the same Dealer which I was at for 42 yrs.

Hope you get your reversing sensors sorted.I have a similar problem with mine but am going to wait until my first service is due to get mine sorted.

robieboy

Sorry for the late reply,but had to registra first.Reguards to the hand brake .You were told wrong.The handbreak adjuster is under the boot that is round the handbreak lever.To get at it you have to remove part of the centre consul,then remove a locking clip then wind down the nut to set the lever to the amount of notches you require the lever to be pulled up.It should take about half an hour to do. If you are not mechanically minded then a garage will have to do it.I had the same problem with my new Tetanium TDCI 1.4.Sea Grey but I had spent all my working life at a Ford dealers untill I retired 2yrs ago. So I done my own adjustment.I served a 5 year Apprenticeship at a Ford Dealer in London then moved south to another Dealer where I was Foreman for many years.Finished my last few years with a easy job at the same Dealer which I was at for 42 yrs.

Hope you get your reversing sensors sorted.I have a similar problem with mine but am going to wait until my first service is due to get mine sorted.

robieboy

didn't teach you how to spell tho did they chief (sorry couldn't resist)! welcome old timer im sure you bring a wealth of knowledge to this forum, we need more members like you. ;)

thanks robieboy

just rang another ford dealers (chester) and booked in for tomorrow morning for them to investgate and sort then straight upto the dealers i purchased from for an explanation on their standards

cheers :P

thanks robieboy

just rang another ford dealers (chester) and booked in for tomorrow morning for them to investgate and sort then straight upto the dealers i purchased from for an explanation on their standards

Hi Bigjock,

Fancy me not spelling handbrake right.

Must have been in a hurry to get my answer posted.

robieboy

Hi Bigjock,

Fancy me not spelling handbrake right.

Must have been in a hurry to get my answer posted.

robieboy

lol and the rest, it's the information in the post that counts chief, an you done good. keep it up like I say we could do with more folk with your knowledge on here, since piggy left us (unknown circumstance, some say the pressure was to much for him, others say jonny killed him :ph34r: ) there has been a backlog of un-answered posts, he has left us with big pair of sandles to fill. god bless.

lol and the rest, it's the information in the post that counts chief, an you done good. keep it up like I say we could do with more folk with your knowledge on here, since piggy left us (unknown circumstance, some say the pressure was to much for him, others say jonny killed him :ph34r: ) there has been a backlog of un-answered posts, he has left us with big pair of sandles to fill. god bless.

BIG JOCK!

Piggy is dead, he is never coming back, and the forums are all the better for it.

..................Some say he drank some WD40 thinking it was water.......................

..................Some say he drank some WD40 thinking it was water.......................

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

hi

took the car to another dealer this morning no problem with doing the jobs sorted, just rang original dealers service to tell them expect bad press, with the diagnoses they gave me as i had the faults rectified they said that could not be done :D

thanks robieboy

Was the dealer in chester evans halshaw by chance?

Mike

yes correct

i bought my last fiesta from there :P

Lol i used to work there!! brand new dealer after working there though cant say as id take my car back lol i was a apprentis mechanic and stil friends with alot of the people who work there so id expect a few pranks.

Mike

robieboy

That's good to know Robieboy. Next time I need any work/repairs done - can I come to yours? ;)

You anywhere near the Solent/Portsmouth/ Southampton? :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club